PDA

View Full Version : ADJ Gobo Motion

Sarah
10-05-2012, 10:21 PM
I got all excited, for a moment anyway! We have LED gobos as opposed to dots everywhere, but there's no motion! I'm looking for a decent LED centre piece just to put out for 18th/21st's. I like the Chauvet Mega Trix as it has the hole right through and would enable me to put it on the pole part of my T-bar whilst remaining symmetrical with the two lights I have on there. Any hints as to something with gobos that rotate/move being on the way soon? Decisions.

WWDJ
10-05-2012, 10:40 PM
I agree. It should be called the Gobo No Motion.

Sarah
10-05-2012, 10:51 PM
I suppose given the price and all that. Also liked the idea of being able to change the gobos, maybe put personalised ones in, but they're very small. I'm just not a fan of all the dots on everything else either. I think I'll get a mega trix though as it will fit my needs for now without breaking the bank!

DJ Jules
11-05-2012, 06:44 AM
I agree. It should be called the Gobo No Motion.

I don't know how they can call it the Gobo motion and then put the following line in the spec:

"No moving parts"

:D Bonkers.

Julian

bmdj
26-02-2013, 10:55 PM
I quite like these! Nice bright clear gobos and good built in Patterns, along with each rgb channel of the 6 leds being controllable via DMX.
They remind me of the Coemar Versatiles with a similar output of the martin robocolors!
I' ve ordered two, both sub £100 each, so will do a quick video when they arrive and I get chance.
I'm going to try printing my own gobos on ohp sheet and see what they look like in these.

bmdj
27-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Quick vid of A gobo motion in my kitchen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3luZZMRaG0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-02-2013, 02:11 PM
I would have thought that showing the gobos would have been a good idea considering it's called the Gobo Motion! :rolleyes:

Shakermaker Promotions
28-02-2013, 02:59 PM
I like the colours it produces but it's not that spectacular.
It obviously has a decent effect with smoke or haze but we can't see the gobos and if you go to a venue where you can't use haze or smoke then it's not going to be anything special is it.

DJIanScott
01-03-2013, 02:26 PM
I got all excited, for a moment anyway! We have LED gobos as opposed to dots everywhere, but there's no motion! I'm looking for a decent LED centre piece just to put out for 18th/21st's. I like the Chauvet Mega Trix as it has the hole right through and would enable me to put it on the pole part of my T-bar whilst remaining symmetrical with the two lights I have on there. Any hints as to something with gobos that rotate/move being on the way soon? Decisions.

The ADJ Inno Roll has moving and rotating gobos. Very bright 50w LED too. Only just bought them so I don't have any video yet, but there's good YouTube clips on the ADJ website.
Also, I have a pr of the Gobo Motions and I love em! They are perfect partners for the Jellydomes' movement. Take a look at my time-lapse video.....lights are set on slow but you get the general effect.
http://youtu.be/7ZDCkwF3mEk

bmdj
01-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Like it! Should satisfy the minimalists! Nice sharp gobos. There are loads of chase patterns including a nice fading chase effect. Good effect with or without smoke; beats the dots effects!

bmdj
01-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I like the colours it produces but it's not that spectacular.
It obviously has a decent effect with smoke or haze but we can't see the gobos and if you go to a venue where you can't use haze or smoke then it's not going to be anything special is it.

Au contraire! You don't really need smoke as it projects the gobo images, so really it suits any venue. You can make your own custom gobos by printing on to ohp film. I'd say it looks better than the dot effects budget set ups use in abundance!:o

SoundONE
01-03-2013, 09:44 PM
The ADJ Inno Roll has moving and rotating gobos. Very bright 50w LED too. Only just bought them so I don't have any video yet, but there's good YouTube clips on the ADJ website.
Also, I have a pr of the Gobo Motions and I love em! They are perfect partners for the Jellydomes' movement. Take a look at my time-lapse video.....lights are set on slow but you get the general effect.

Some great stuff there DJ Ian Scott very good!!! can I ask what projectors your using on the large screens with the Rihanna and Whitney video mix.

DJIanScott
04-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Some great stuff there DJ Ian Scott very good!!! can I ask what projectors your using on the large screens with the Rihanna and Whitney video mix.

As far as I know, we use InFocus short throw projectors.....but I try not to get involved on the video set up, that's my business partners job! I'm in charge of sound and lighting!

SoundONE
04-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks Ian.

Chris
11-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Good, professional looking rig you got there Ian - what is that dj table called pleas?

DJIanScott
15-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Good, professional looking rig you got there Ian - what is that dj table called pleas?

The DJ booth is the Advanced Event Designs one, with the overhead bar and all the toys. Available from http://www.advancedeventdesigns.com/home#!/products/7/Deckstand-Booth-DSB-V2

Chris
16-03-2013, 07:59 AM
The DJ booth is the Advanced Event Designs one, with the overhead bar and all the toys. Available from http://www.advancedeventdesigns.com/home#!/products/7/Deckstand-Booth-DSB-V2
Thanks mate - had a peek, and looks like I'll have to do some heavy saving up. ;-)

What dimensions is your one please? Do you usually have enough space?

Chris
17-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Like it! Should satisfy the minimalists! Nice sharp gobos. There are loads of chase patterns including a nice fading chase effect. Good effect with or without smoke; beats the dots effects!
Which lights do you refer to please?

bmdj
17-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Which lights do you refer to please?

Adj Gobo motion, you know!, the title of the post :confused: doh!
It did appear to get a bit hi-jacked to the end.

Chris
17-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Adj Gobo motion, you know!, the title of the post :confused: doh!
It did appear to get a bit hi-jacked to the end.
A few different lights were mentioned in the same thread, so yep, if it had been that clear, I wouldn't have asked - :confused: doh!