PDA

View Full Version : De Vere Venues,New Place, Shirrell Heath, Hampshire

Daryll
17-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Any one played here , I have a wedding there in July , I have arranged a venue visit , but is there anything I should be aware of...

Cheers

Daryll

Corabar Entertainment
17-05-2012, 04:21 PM
(Moved to the Venue Discussion sub-forum :))

Daryll
17-05-2012, 04:41 PM
(Moved to the Venue Discussion sub-forum :))

Thank you , sorry....:(

Mr Spyke
17-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Yep, assuming you will be in the new(ish) function suite which is a dedicated building detached from the main manor house. You can park right next to the loading door with your van/car, i used the transit connect but plenty of room even for a bigger van. Load in is through the kitchen and they are not too keen on wedging the door open. There was a huuge space left for our area before the dancefloor starts and means you set up sideways and almost in the middle of the room, felt a bit open from behind ;)

No sound limiter that I know of, didn't ask about smoke/haze/white vapour but got the vibe that they would say no. Didn't get much hassle from staff really so not a bad place I have a few pics but I'm sure sone other guys will be on soon with better ones.

The manor house has a huuge gravel driveway which will be nice to photograph if you get a nice day and a chance to do so.

Hope this helps
Spyke

yourdj
18-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Yes was there yesterday. FREE COFFEE MACHINE!!!
About as far as I would travel these days.

You have to get in via the kitchen.
The slovac staff are rude so ignore them.
The lights are often locked as someone thought it was a good idea to put it at the door near the bar where people lean on.
There is another one near the dj area (on the right when you come out the kitchen).
plug sockets are on the floor some distance from the wall.
good first dance entrance from bar area.
No sound limit or any other such nonsense.

nice venue and of course i have a video :D

NEW PLACE SHIRRELL HEATH YOUR DJ WEDDING DISCO - YouTube