PDA

View Full Version : LED Spot boxes

LastMinuteDJs.net
10-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Anyone used them?

LED Spot Boxes (http://www.images2.co.uk/Lighting_Equipment/Lightscreens_And_Boxes.L~E~D~_Screens_And_Boxes/L_E_D_SPOTBANK_LIGHT_BOXES_SYSTEM_Flightcased_Pair _LS621201.html)

Bought a set of them mainly to use at 'older' gigs, where the customer expects some of the 'traditional' features of a mobile setup, but I didn't want standard spot boxes.

Didn't pay for them anyway as I used the points I had accumulated on my Images Gold Card through other purchases.

Paul James Promotions
10-10-2006, 01:25 PM
I have seen them in action, and they look rubbish to be honest. For a little extra, you can get 4 LED Pars from Thomann, which will give you a much better look on your show.

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 01:26 PM
You must have buying a lot then!

I'm not really sure customers would expect a 'traditional' disco just because of their age?

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 01:27 PM
For a little extra, you can get 4 LED Pars from Thomann

Not when you have gold card points to spend with Images... :teeth:

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 01:35 PM
LED Spotbank Light Box System

Features
• 4 Channel sound to light LED box • Each box contains 16 multi-coloured
circles (4 x Red, Green, Blue, Yellow)
• 16 Chase/Sound to light patterns • Supplied as 2 box system with flight case • Dimensions: 500mm x 220mm x 150mm • Weight: 12kg (2 units and case)

Fantastic! The best new effect for the mobile DJ that we've seen in ages. These new LED spotbanks are the ideal way to bring your presentation up to a modern “Top of the Pops” style. The old coloured bulb R80 or R95 Spotbanks could well become a thing of the past as these new LED versions offer an output which is both bright and, at the same time, entertaining to the eye, with each box containing 16 multi-coloured circles (4 x red, green, blue yellow) and 16 in-built chase / sound to light sequences. The package is supplied as a 2 box system, including connecting lead and flightcase.
No controller then? Yuk! They do their own thing & you have no say in what they do :thumbs_do

LastMinuteDJs.net
10-10-2006, 01:36 PM
You must have buying a lot then!

I'm not really sure customers would expect a 'traditional' disco just because of their age?

Have found at some functions 50th + etc, they aren't too keen on lots of lights flashing around and like the simplicity of spot boxes. Have even had customers giving specific lighting requests when booking. Also for easier/quicker setup at short kids parties too.

Images is local to me and had used them extensively in my previous job running a venue so usually seems sensible to buy there. Even if there's a slightly cheaper price elsewhere, they try to match it AND give me points.

After buying a set of Abstract VR8s as well as an ongoing subscription to DMC cds through them, the points all add up.

Will give the spot boxes a whirl. Thought of them as backup really - not essential to the main rigs.