PDA

View Full Version : Tunes you know you've got....

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Somewhere, either on vinyl or CD, but you can't find.

Someone has mentioned them on here or in conversation and you go and look for them only to find them not there!

What I do is pop over to Itunes or Woolies and download them (even though I've already bought and paid for them already - that's another debate).

Missing tunes, downloaded recently for me are Edwin Starr - 25 miles, Sailor -Girls girls girls and glass of champagne, B52s - rock lobster and Hot Streak - Body work.

These don't necessarily have to be for disco use.

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 05:27 PM
The 5678s album Bomb the rocks, I know I've got it, I can see the case from here, the case is ...........

Empty! :mad:

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 05:32 PM
The 5678s album Bomb the rocks, I know I've got it, I can see the case from here, the case is ...........

Empty! :mad:

Tried your CD player? :teeth:

Anyway, that wasn't the idea of the thread.(unless you've now downloaded it)

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Not in any of them.

Gonna download if I can't find it.

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Joan Jett - I love rock & roll, gonna download it shortly

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Joan Jett - I love rock & roll, gonna download it shortly

I played that on Saturday as it was requested and have to say it went down a storm.

BeerFunk
10-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Don't you just hate when this happens during a disco, and you're frantically searching for the song - you know you have it, but can't find it :(

And for some reason, I always seem to scan over tracklistings fast, like I'm in a hurry, when I'm really not

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Don't you just hate when this happens during a disco, and you're frantically searching for the song - you know you have it, but can't find it :(

Not with a computer! One of the advantages I'd say.

This thread was the result of that actually, as someone asked me for Rock Lobster, which wasn't on the laptop.

Corabar Entertainment
10-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Nice to see someone asking for a B52's track other than Love Shack..... but Planet Claire is my favourite! :teeth:

Danno13
10-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Not with a computer! One of the advantages I'd say.

Yep.. thats usually the case.. but i keep finding songs going missing in PCDJ.. i.e. they're still on the hard drive but not imported into the recordcase, most annoying! It probably happens when i backup my recordcase to the external drive (which runs with the laptop as backup..)

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 06:10 PM
as someone asked me for Rock Lobster, which wasn't on the laptop.
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: Go and sit in the corner for the rest of the evening!

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 06:19 PM
What was the tune you asked me for that I didn't have when I was demo-ing that Yamaha System for you Steve?

That's another one I knew I had but not on the PC.

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 07:14 PM
What was the tune you asked me for that I didn't have when I was demo-ing that Yamaha System for you Steve?

You expect me to remember that, there as beer involved that evening :teeth:

Corabar Steve
16-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Another one on the missing list is Plastic Bertrand - Ca plane pour moi, I was going to play it on Friday, but....................

Gone! :omg:

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Just dragging this thread up again.

I had a request for Kiss - Crazy crazy nights abd I know I have it somewhere, but not on the computer, so I've had to go and buy it again.

Corabar Entertainment
14-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Do you not have your CDs catalogued? ie so that you could find it on CD to re-rip if it goes 'missing' from the computer?

theoloyla
14-03-2007, 12:41 PM
I couldnt find "You Look Good On The Dancefloor" by the Arctic Monkeys. I know I bought it. Where did it go? Are CD singles becoming biodegradable?

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Do you not have your CDs catalogued? ie so that you could find it on CD to re-rip if it goes 'missing' from the computer?

LMAO!

Are you joking?

When I originally ripped the CDs, I only ripped the tunes I considered that I would need for DJing purposes, and these CDs live in wallets in my office, along with the others that are in racks, under my desk and just about everywhere you can imagine.

I also have 6 or 7 plastic crates in the garage full of CDs I didn't rip....

So, if I can't find something I just find it easier to download it from Napster or Itunes rather than fight my way through loads of gear and boxes in the garage. ;)

Dragonfly
14-03-2007, 12:49 PM

I had a request for Kiss - Crazy crazy nights abd I know I have it somewhere, but not on the computer, so I've had to go and buy it again.

now theres a track !!!! love it.

Shakermaker Promotions
14-03-2007, 01:02 PM
I had someone try and catch me out on saturday at my local 'Request fest' night..They asked for 'Mona' by Craig..ma...mc...macla...mm...you know the guy who was Henry in Neighbours. Couldn't find it and it was bugging me big style all night until I found it at the last moment but it was too late to play it and the guy who asked for it had just left!!

Corabar Steve
14-03-2007, 01:08 PM
I'd've played the Quicksilver Messenger Service version, bet they wouldn't have known the difference

sleah
14-03-2007, 08:36 PM
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: Go and sit in the corner for the rest of the evening!

He is doing. In the DJ booth :D

I couldnt find "You Look Good On The Dancefloor" by the Arctic Monkeys. I know I bought it. Where did it go? Are CD singles becoming biodegradable?

You'd be supprised, I have one that's gone really weird, will post a pic in the gallery when I can find it.

So, if I can't find something I just find it easier to download it from Napster or Itunes rather than fight my way through loads of gear and boxes in the garage. ;)

Ditto!

Using a lappy is great, you can't mislay a tune or have any nicked. Just need to make sure the catalogue is in good shape. (PCDJ in my case) Even if the catalogue has 'lost' a track (or I've not imported it:o ) then there's always the windows search box....... (fingers crossed it won't bomb out PCDJ for a laugh).

PropellerHeadCase
14-03-2007, 10:44 PM
When I originally ripped the CDs, I only ripped the tunes I considered that I would need for DJing purposes, and these CDs live in wallets in my office, along with the others that are in racks, under my desk and just about everywhere you can imagine.

I also have 6 or 7 plastic crates in the garage full of CDs I didn't rip....

I was much the same in both ripping and cataloguing until recently. My CDs are mostly in alphabetical order, now, one section of ripped CDs and singles, one section, a bit more higgledy-piggledy, of to be ripped.

That said I can't find Vengaboys 'Cheekah Bow Bow' anywhere, at all, and I know I've got that, not that I'm proud of it, and I only need it to make the tenth track for my Vengaboys Top 10.

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-03-2007, 10:51 PM
That said I can't find Vengaboys 'Cheekah Bow Bow' anywhere, at all, and I know I've got that, not that I'm proud of it, and I only need it to make the tenth track for my Vengaboys Top 10.

Not sure I've heard of that?

Are you sure it's called that?

Corabar Steve
14-03-2007, 11:16 PM

Theme from the Rockford files?

Corabar Steve
14-03-2007, 11:19 PM

Are you sure it's called that?Isn't that the new Lynx ad? http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/scorchio/sgrin.gif

BeerFunk
14-03-2007, 11:23 PM

Are you sure it's called that?
I remember it - cringeworthy computerised vocals :rolleyes:

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Theme from the Rockford files?

Nah, got that. :D

Corabar Steve
14-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Nah, got that. :D

Still not a clue then. I just had a vague recollection of asking to hear it.

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Still not a clue then. I just had a vague recollection of asking to hear it.

It was something I should of had on the PC and something I know I've got, but didn't at the time.

Not that that narrows it down at all...:(

Corabar Entertainment
14-03-2007, 11:44 PM
I think it was a theme tune of some description though :confused:

PropellerHeadCase
14-03-2007, 11:50 PM
I remember it - cringeworthy computerised vocals :rolleyes:

Yep, that's the one. The lyrics are pretty funny, actually.

'Cheekah Bow Bow (That Computer Song)' is the full title, it peaked at 19 in the UK chart. Probably only ever play it at a techno-geek bondage-wear convention :eek:

Twinspin
15-03-2007, 12:29 PM

kiss crazy crazy nights is on Now 10. & Classic Cuts Rock 06 in my collection

As for cheekah bow wow (vengaboys) its on
Vengaboys - The platinum album (in my collection)

if you have any of those discs you will find them there.

Marc J
15-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Missing tunes, downloaded recently for me are Edwin Starr - 25 miles, Sailor -Girls girls girls and glass of champagne, B52s - rock lobster and Hot Streak - Body work.

Totally off-topic, but quoting the first post so kinda relevant - I once shared a bag of chips with Edwin Starr :cool:

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Totally off-topic, but quoting the first post so kinda relevant - I once shared a bag of chips with Edwin Starr :cool:

I met him too at Le Palais in Hammersmith. I was chatting away to him on one of the balconies and didn't realise who he was until he was on stage doing his PA! :o

Dragonfly
15-03-2007, 04:42 PM
recently accquired

altered images - happy birthday
james ingram - somewhere out there
stan rigeway - camouflage
rick derringer - real american

theoloyla
18-03-2007, 03:24 PM

I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Edwin many times. I promoted several of his records when he was signed to Peter Stringfellow's Hippodrome Records and of course he made an outstanding contribution to the Disco Aid record "Give, Give, Give" . Why that wasnt a bigger hit is still a crime against music and charity and there was probably a conspiracy to defeat disco dj's from raising their profile. That said we still raised £60,000.