PDA

View Full Version : Organising gig photos

ppentertainments
18-06-2012, 10:51 AM
I am now starting to remember to take a camera with me and starting to amass a few photos. However at present they are just in folders organiser by each event. If I want a photo of say a wedding with slideshow I have to go off memory and search through. If I then need an uplift marquee I go through the same process etc etc.

Is there any simpler way of organising and searching through photographs.

MikeW
18-06-2012, 10:57 AM
I am now starting to remember to take a camera with me and starting to amass a few photos. However at present they are just in folders organiser by each event. If I want a photo of say a wedding with slideshow I have to go off memory and search through. If I then need an uplift marquee I go through the same process etc etc.

Is there any simpler way of organising and searching through photographs.

I do exactly the same thing Chris. All my photo's are filed by event. I should possibly take a couple of hours out and set up different folders ie Wedding first dance, Uplighting etc.

Vectis
18-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Meta data.

It's like tagging mp3s but for images.

Define as many tags as you like (within reason) for each image, then you can search by tag. For example "blue marquee uplighting bride groom" will return on a search for "blue uplighting" or "marquee" etc. etc.

I manage a huge catalogue of many tens of thousands of images for a carnival association going back over hundreds of events, and find that a subscription to Flickr (c. £20/yr) is well worthwhile for the cataloguing tools that are provided.