PDA

View Full Version : ~Speakers with music~

Harrison's Discos
11-10-2006, 02:07 PM
I have always wondered what the best type of music is to play out of any speaker system (p.a. ,hi-fi). I have listened to an awful lot of music in my 16 years of life, and i seem to find that dance music gets the best out of speakers. Corrrect me if i am incorrect, but I ohnestly think this suggestion of mine is true. Does anyone think a particular genre of music sounds better on speakers than others?

alexperrins
11-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Euphoric trance type stuff - William Orbit's Barber's Adagio For Strings usually, gives mine a good workout :)

Paul James Promotions
11-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Try the live version of Eagles - Hotel California.

That will seperate a good system from a poor one.

Silver
11-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Billy Idol - White Wedding, 'ave it!! :)

BeerFunk
11-10-2006, 03:02 PM
I totally don't understand the question here... :confused:

Silver
11-10-2006, 03:46 PM

Errrr.......to be honest nor did I :teeth:

White wedding for me gives my Cerwins a good bashing because it rocks, masse sof guitar plus I love the big bad base.

BUT I could've answered the question incorrectly and been banned for a week!! :omg:

Creature
11-10-2006, 04:10 PM

or parisienne walkways LIVE - gary more - when he holds onto that note for around 60 seconds the hair should stand out on y ahead

Silver
11-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Here we go veering off topic again :) Haven't got a problem I like where it's going.

It just got me thinking, I wonder what the record amount of posts, on one thread is, that KEPT to the original point?

At a guess 20 :teeth:

Corabar Steve
11-10-2006, 08:23 PM
I have always wondered what the best type of music is to play out of any speaker system (p.a. ,hi-fi). I have listened to an awful lot of music in my 16 years of life, and i seem to find that dance music gets the best out of speakers. Corrrect me if i am incorrect, but I ohnestly think this suggestion of mine is true. Does anyone think a particular genre of music sounds better on speakers than others?
Harrison, I know you're young, but this is a very strange question. Don't listen to a particular type of music because of how it sounds on speakers (especially as it will vary from one make & model to another), but rather listen to music because of how it sounds to you.

Make the most of listening to music you like because if you become successful as a mobile DJ there will be plenty of times when you will have to listen to stuff you loathe.

wensleydale
11-10-2006, 08:59 PM

That will seperate a good system from a poor one.

Good choice sir- always used to use this when I sold hi-fi's.

Never failed.

BeerFunk
11-10-2006, 09:13 PM
I still don't understand the point of this thread!? :omg:

If a song sounds good coming out of speakers - then it's a good song.

If a song sounds bad coming out of speakers - then it's a bad song.

With the exception of headphones, the only way you can listen to music is through speakers!

To add to that - music always sounds better through headphones anyway - even if you have a £10000 hi-fi seperates system ;)

Thames Valley Discos
11-10-2006, 09:41 PM
:) its gotta be upfront dance music as played in pubs and clubs on mos discs i rekon. :)

magicfm
11-10-2006, 09:46 PM

Phewwww .. I thought it was me :) :) :) :)

DMX Will
11-10-2006, 10:15 PM

Ever feel you just shouldn't have got up in the morning? :)

Sam
12-10-2006, 12:08 AM
lol.. well if it helps i like live music with no pa etc.
:teeth:

BeerFunk
12-10-2006, 12:21 AM
I've actually came to the conclusion that this thread is, in fact, a wind-up! :teeth:

Right??!

DMX Will
12-10-2006, 12:24 AM
I've actually came to the conclusion that this thread is, in fact, a wind-up! :teeth:

Right??!

The camera crew will appear in a minute, and you'll hear faint chants of "Your on Kandid Camera..." :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

spin mobile disco
12-10-2006, 01:28 AM
Technically speakers are created to reproduce sound as well as they can, type of music is immaterial. If you like bass type music then bass music will sound best to you, conversally if you like Donavan Mellow yellow the treble reproduction will sound the best. Simply if you have a nice sounding speaker setup whatever you play should sound like it is suposed to.
I would say any music that uses both high and low tones to great effect would sound the best to the ear. Maybe Barry White, cant get enough of your love

soundtracker
12-10-2006, 08:41 AM
WTF? :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

Harrison's Discos
15-10-2006, 07:27 PM
No, this thread was not a wind up at all. Thanks for those of you who suggested ideas! :) (a little less pleased of those who undermine me but there you go :teeth: :teeth: )

kilmeedyman
15-10-2006, 09:05 PM
its a bit unfair to say that the question doesn;t make sense. Some speakers give a 'brighter' translation than others and other will take a very bassy sound but allow that to muddy the middles, whilst others will give good middles but will not reproduce so much bass.

So, for example, if you want a very crisp treble (as some younger people seem to prefer) you would not buy Deltec speakers as their top reproduction is not as good as others.

If you want bang your brains out heavy rock, I suggest some speakers that i heard first hand at a NADJ South bash which were very loud indeed, but what came out was undefinable.

Corabar Steve
15-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I disagree Phil you need a very defined sound to listen to rock, you'd be suprised at all the nuances you can hear on good set up
No, this thread was not a wind up at all. Thanks for those of you who suggested ideas! :) (a little less pleased of those who undermine me but there you go :teeth: :teeth: )But it will still vary dependant on make & model

kilmeedyman
16-10-2006, 01:59 AM
I disagree Phil
I thought you would :teeth:

Corabar Steve
16-10-2006, 09:27 AM
:p :p :p :teeth: