PDA

View Full Version : DDS problem

chrispeacock
20-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I have been using my system for months and has sounded great.

I use the following sound system:-

Numark DDS
American audio mixer
Numark cd/dvd/hard drive caddy
2 DAP audio club mate 15's

I noticed in my gig sunday night that it didnt sound anywhere near as good as normal. I thought I would try to look into this today. What I have discovered is that when the Numark cd/dvd/hard-drive is on there is a very distintive crackle upon loading any track into the relevant side of the DDS player. Also with this linked there is a ticking sound which ticks even with the volumes of each side of the player on nothing.

I have run the system with a memory stick with a handful of songs and runs fine with no crackles or noise at all. As soon as I switch the hard drive on I get a crackle on startup. I have swapped the hard drive/usb cable over and still the same

All my playlists are linked on this hard drive.

Can anyone help or advise please

Excalibur
20-06-2012, 06:33 PM
I have run the system with a memory stick with a handful of songs and runs fine with no crackles or noise at all. As soon as I switch the hard drive on I get a crackle on startup. I have swapped the hard drive/usb cable over and still the same

All my playlists are linked on this hard drive.

Can anyone help or advise please

First I'd try running the unit with no HDD installed, to see if the noise was coming from the hard drive. Play a CD on the drive and see if it's OK. If that cures the fault, we're into swapping drives to find the fault.

chrispeacock
20-06-2012, 06:46 PM
i will try that now

chrispeacock
20-06-2012, 06:57 PM
i cant find the key for the caddy.....great