PDA

View Full Version : Recentish Party Tunes

braddazz
11-10-2006, 05:04 PM
As you may have guessed I'm reasonably new on the scene and am currently building up a collection of CDs to cater for all ages. I am well off when it comes to 60s 70s 80s and 90s but it's the more recent stuff I'm looking for, except what's on the Now albums.

Can everyone hit me with tunes I should get that will keep the young 'uns on the dancefloor? Preferebly tunes from the last year or two.

Much obliged

Paul

lightspeed
11-10-2006, 06:00 PM
With the young teens (13 - 15ish) it's always a sure start to stick to the chart stuff and R'nB <-- unfortunately. But they do like all the cheesy party tunes, any older than that and try and stay away from the mega cheese (YMCA etc.). The 16 - 21 sort of age love a bit of the old skool, takes them back! By that I mean 90's stuff like livin' joy, n-trance, and even five! lol :D

As for tunes from the past year or two, it's hard to give you an answer as i'd be here all night listing them! Best way to find out what works is to just try stuff out. If you're feeling something and think it could go down well, then play it! If the dancefloor clears (unlikely really) then just stick a winner on afterwards or fade it out etc.

- Chris

braddazz
11-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Aye your right there! Best keep Cha Cha Slide or Hey Baby aside in case I pull out a stinker!

djgordyp
11-10-2006, 06:16 PM
I agree with lightspeed. Just spend the first while trying different stuff.

As I said in another thread, I would usually try a range of stuff for the first 15-20 minutes to see what worked and what didn't (sometimes you still gotta play some of the stuff that didn't work to try and keep everyone happy). It might surprise you sometimes what will get them going.

Sam
11-10-2006, 10:54 PM
yeh i agree..
would also say for kids partys the pop part packs are pretty good.

Dragonfly
12-10-2006, 06:54 AM
im finding stuff like mr brightside - killers and beyonce-crazy in love go down well rnb stuff suger babes etc also still get alot of requests for girls aloud pop type stuff.

there are still one or two of the younger generation that are being brought up properly asking for queen,stones etc.

Corabar Steve
31-10-2006, 08:14 PM
A couple of years old now but Hey Ya still works, & of course don't forget the latest Scissor Sisters