PDA

View Full Version : Wedding playlists. The times they are a changing?

STEVE HANLEY
30-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Is it just me or are today's younger generation who are getting married just wanting chart music and pretty much nothing else at their weddings now?

Fair do's not all but more and more these days. In fact I'll even go as far to say that today's older generation have enough of Summer of 69. Kool and the gang and all the other tired old wedding tracks you've been hammering out for the last 10 years. (Not all, but some)

Even tracks from the 80's and even some from the 90's are considered old hat now. I will always mourn the loss of the 80's, but for me apart from dance music and some Brit pop/Indie the 90's were the most underwhelming decade ever for music. As they were dominated by boy bands and The Spice girls. Enough said IMO.

I appreciate from time to time you'll get a playlist that's crammed full of wedding cheese, but are they even starting to wane? So come on good people what's cutting it for you on the wedding dance floor these days?

Excalibur
30-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Is it just me or are today's younger generation who are getting married just wanting chart music and pretty much nothing else at their weddings now?

Yes. Next question please. :D

hammy
30-06-2012, 07:09 AM
I was thinking exact same thing at the wedding I did last night Steve.

Ryu
30-06-2012, 07:34 AM
I agree, but I also think this is a generally positive thing. Things have to progress and develop...a new generation of Wedding Crowds associating DJ's with Modern music is likely to keep us all in work for the foreseeable (robot DJ's not withstanding)

DeckstarDeluxe
30-06-2012, 09:04 AM
As long as the industry keeps throwing out dancey stuff like Moves Like Jagger, Good Feeling, Domino etc.. then I'm pretty ok with that.

I think people are just more picky about the music, want to avoid the stereotype and music is so easily accessible that the general public have a widen taste rather than just hearing stuff off the radio/top of the pops etc..

Daryll
30-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Guess we are all getting older , and the music we grew up with is getting old hat now , as the clients are getting younger by comparison this is reflected on the music choice , however.................

tonight's wedding.

Couple in their mid 40`s , and they have a 20 something daughter , the daughters choices stand out a mile , someone ordered the Cheese.............:D :D

1. Culture Club - Karma chameleon (3:59)
2. Diana Ross & The Supremes - Baby Love (2:38)
3. Madonna - Like a Prayer (5:52)
4. Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer (4:11)
5. Starship - We Built This City (4:56)
6. Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go! (3:54)
7. U2 - With or Without You (4:59)
8. Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight (3:39)
9. One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful (3:18)
10. Alexandra Stan - Mr. Saxobeat (3:34)
11. Arctic Monkeys - I bet you look good on the dancefloor (2:53)
12. The B-52's - Love Shack [Edit] (4:17)
13. Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (4:49)
14. Billy Joel - Uptown Girl (3:15)
15. The Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit) (5:08)
16. Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You (6:33)
17. Bryan Adams - Summer of '69 (3:33)
18. Candi Staton - Young Hearts Run Free (3:41)
19. David Guetta Feat Sia - Titanium (4:05)
20. DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide (3:41)
21. Dolly Parton - 9 To 5 (3:01)
22. Drake Feat. Rihanna - Take Care (4:37)
23. Earth, Wind & Fire & The Emotions - Boogie Wonderland (4:47)
24. Girls Aloud - Love Machine (3:27)
25. Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine (5:56)
26. Ike & Tina Turner - River Deep Mountain High (3:57)
27. Jeff Beck - Hi-Ho Silver Lining (2:52)
28. John Travolta - Greased Lighting (3:12)
29. John Travolta - You're the one that i want (2:30)
30. Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire (3:23)
31. Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody (3:50)
32. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now (3:57)
33. Lmfao - Sexy And I Know It (3:19)
34. Los Del Rio - Macarena (4:12)
35. Mamma Mia - Dancing Queen (Meryl Str (4:08)
36. Mamma Mia - Mamma Mia (Meryl Streep) (3:34)
37. Mark ronson feat. amy winehouse - valerie (3:40)
38. Maroon 5 Feat Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger (3:21)
39. Nat King Cole - Unforgettable (3:30)
40. Olly Murs - Dance With Me Tonight (3:23)
41. Pussycat Dolls - Don- t cha (3:58)
42. Queen - Don t Stop Me Now (3:30)
43. Queen - We Will Rock You (1993 Digital Remaster) (2:02)
44. Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe (3:13)
45. Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up (3:30)
46. Rizzle Kicks - Mama Do The Hump (3:36)
47. Robbie Williams - Let Me Entertain You (3:43)
48. Rod Stewart - Youre In My Heart (4:33)
49. Salt n pepper - Push it (3:29)
50. Shania Twain - From This Moment On (4:51)
51. Shania Twain - Your still the one (3:34)
52. Showaddywaddy - Under The Moon Of Love (3:12)
53. Status Quo - Rockin' All Over The World (3:34)
54. Take That - A Million Love Songs (3:52)
55. Take That Featuring Lulu - Relight My Fire (UK Radio Version) (4:11)
56. The carpenters - We`ve only just begun (3:36)
57. The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup (2:41)
58. The Kinks - You Really Got Me (2:14)
59. Tina Turner - The Best (4:08)
60. Van morrison - Have I told you latly (4:20)
61. Azzurra Music - Ymca (3:03)
62. Wet Wet Wet - Goodnight Girl (3:40)
63. Wham! - I'm Your Man (4:06)
64. Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (4:51)
65. Yazz - The Only Way Is Up (4:03)

wensleydale
30-06-2012, 09:35 AM
No- very few of our weddings actually request much chart music at all.
I'd say c10% or less is 2000 onwards.

Corabar Steve
30-06-2012, 09:50 AM
As long as the industry keeps throwing out dancey stuff like Moves Like Jagger, Good Feeling, Domino etc.. then I'm pretty ok with that.
One original track & 2 rip offs. Hey ho.

DeckstarDeluxe
30-06-2012, 10:06 AM

True... but how many of todays "yorf" know that? Its new to them.

chrisj
30-06-2012, 10:23 AM
I partly agree as some young couples want lots of modern but most of my clients want a wide selection. Last Saturdays wedding was for a couple, mid 40's and early 50's that were both union rep members from Essex and thier request list as follows

The only way is up - Yazz
Help Yourself - Tom Jones
Show me love - Robyn
Brimful of Asha - Cornershop (Norman Cook remix)
Walls come tumbling down - Paul Weller
Dr Beat - Gloria Estefan
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
Freed from Desire - Gala
Take on me - A-ha
Annie I'm not your daddy - Kid Creole & the Coconuts
Town called malice - The Jam
Holiday - Madonna
Can't get you out of my head - Kylie
Dancing Queen - Abba
Suspicious Minds - Elvis
I gotta a feeling - Black Eyed Peas
Ain't Nobody - Chaka Khan
Ain't no stopping us now - McFaddyen and Whitehead
Dakota - Stereophonics
Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
Tijuana Taxi - Herb Alpert
Night to Remember - Shalamar
Family Affair - Sly and the Family Stone
You're my first, my last, my everything - Barry White
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Part of the union - The Strawbs for all our union buddies
It's Raining Men - especially for Caroline

For the slow songs, please feel free to pick from the following:

911 - Mary J Blige & Wyclef Jean
I've been loving you too long - Otis Redding
A change is gonna come - Sam Cooke
The first time ever I saw your face - Roberta Flack.

Dynamic Entertainment
30-06-2012, 11:58 AM

Howd you figure that? Domino and Moves like Jagger were both original releases wrote (in part) by the recording artists.

Happy to be proven wrong though ;)

STEVE HANLEY
30-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Howd you figure that? Domino and Moves like Jagger were both original releases wrote (in part) by the recording artists.

Happy to be proven wrong though ;)

:sofa: Incoming:D :D

Dynamic Entertainment
30-06-2012, 12:50 PM
:sofa: Incoming:D :D

Why....domino is credited as having Jessie J as the a co-writer and Moves Like Jacker was co-wrote by Maroons 5s front man, Adam Levine

PS - Im ignoring Loomis and the Lust as you can find exact similarity in chord structured and music throughout the ages if you look for it.

HeartandSoul
09-07-2012, 09:36 PM
I had a fairly young bride and groom last week, and they were only interested in the very latest music. Old favourites just didn't work at all, which did surprise me, so I stopped trying them early on, and it seemed as long as it was very current they all stayed on the dancefloor. Labyrynth usually clears the floor at weddings, so i dont play him, but here they couldnt get enough of him. One exceptional request did make the crowd go beserk, and me laugh, Cotton Eye Joe! What a strange transition from LMFAO but who am I to complain...by that time they had drunk so much I think they would have danced to the national anthem.:daft:

paul1404
09-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Times are changing guys and we need to change with them - The whole disco / 80s sound has been worn out - Wherever you go on a sat night there is always an 80s bar etc - 10 years ago you would only hear this music at weddings which used to make it unique - Also couples getting married are generally in their 30s - THe generation is my generation - we like the electronica - we love garage - we love r n b and 90s cheese - we love brit pop and most things afterwards - We wanna hear DJs mix not talk all the time - we wanna relive that moment in Ibiza when you had a few too many with your mates and you are havin it - I base my wedding Discos around this and I always get good response

Corabar Steve
09-07-2012, 10:05 PM
You took your time, I was expecting you to pop up lot earlier in the thread :sj:

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Times are changing guys and we need to change with them - The whole disco / 80s sound has been worn out - Wherever you go on a sat night there is always an 80s bar etc - 10 years ago you would only hear this music at weddings which used to make it unique - Also couples getting married are generally in their 30s - THe generation is my generation - we like the electronica - we love garage - we love r n b and 90s cheese - we love brit pop and most things afterwards - We wanna hear DJs mix not talk all the time - we wanna relive that moment in Ibiza when you had a few too many with your mates and you are havin it - I base my wedding Discos around this and I always get good response

If it works for you, then great.

Times aren't changing - people still want to hear classic tunes and that doesn't mean it has to be something that Reflex plays every week. How can you generalise what people like at what age? You can't. I've never been asked for garage on a request list. Perhaps you have which is what makes your statement not true for everyone.

I very rarely get people ask for R&B at weddings, infact I would say I get more people asking for it not to be played.

WWDJ
09-07-2012, 11:16 PM

If it works for you, then great.

Times aren't changing - people still want to hear classic tunes and that doesn't mean it has to be something that Reflex plays every week. How can you generalise what people like at what age? You can't. I've never been asked for garage on a request list. Perhaps you have which is what makes your statement not true for everyone.

I very rarely get people ask for R&B at weddings, infact I would say I get more people asking for it not to be played.

I think it so much depends on the couple and their guests.

I am finding pretty similar tracks on request lists because I think people remember stuff they know and some are more interested that others in music. MLJ, LMFAO, Rizzle Kicks, Carly Ray Jepsen, all proving popular. Old stuff, Abba generally gets a look in, Beatles and they normally say 'play some 80s'

6 weeks ago I did a wedding and pretty much all they wanted was dance, rnb and a few bits of cheese. Auntie Flo didn't get a look in with Dancing Queen ... but they were young. She liked to dance, he liked a beer, so she danced with her mates and had a great time. Later on we properly raved it up, Prodigy, SL2 and it was rocking.

Last weekend was more of a contrast. More low key, older guests generally and the youngsters were in the bar drinking, so it was middle of the road, Mavericks, Disco Inferno, Earth Wind and Fire that kept them dancing for the most part and then I kept the pre-requests for when the B&G put in an appearance later on and wanted a dance.

Weddings are just so wide ranging in the guests you rarely know what you are going to get in terms of people wanting to dance.

I usually go armed with the pre-request playlist, plus some other suitable tracks that I know will work with those and then I work from my Top 250 list and Current Hits as there is usually something there to please everyone.

Even so, we had a couple of cleared floors on Saturday (it happens!!) and you just gotta find something to get them back. :D

Corabar Entertainment
09-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Did you ever consider that those are the clients you attract because that is your style?

I'm sure that most of us have differing experiences because the client chooses the DJ that is right for them.

Like Darren, it's an extremely rare occurrence for us to get garage requested at a wedding, and RnB only ocassionally with a similar amount requesting that it not be played at all.

Elecrtonica? Well, that's so wide you could drive 10 buses side-by-side through it!

Anyway, my point is that you cannot generalise that YOUR experiences are the same as everyone else, because YOUR clients have chosen YOU.

paul1404
10-07-2012, 12:49 AM
I've never been asked for garage on a request list.

???? I find that soooo hard to believe your in the same area as me
Garage was huge at the turn of the millenium espicially around London and these people are getting married now ? Every bar and club was playing this

???????? I find this hard to believe the most requested genre of music at weddings I do is rnb ( rihanna, r kellly, usher, mary j blige etc etc).

Im trying to be open minded and yes - I do work off word off mouth and I tend to get a lot of my gigs from people who have attended previous gigs - But I still stand by what I say 80s music is fantastic - But I think that people have grown bored to it - Kids wanna hear modern music and its the younger generation that are getting married now - Of cause people are still gonna want to hear the classics at the end of the night but times do change

paul1404
10-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Did you ever consider that those are the clients you attract because that is your style?

Yes and No - I have Dj'd at many weddings/parties where the client has asked me to read the crowd - I fing this type of music keeps the dancfloor busy

I'm sure that most of us have differing experiences because the client chooses the DJ that is right for them.

Like Darren, it's an extremely rare occurrence for us to get garage requested at a wedding, and RnB only ocassionally with a similar amount requesting that it not be played at all.

?????? Puzzled see previous

Elecrtonica? Well, that's so wide you could drive 10 buses side-by-side through it!

Electronica ( okay not a great choose of description I mean dance music)

Anyway, my point is that you cannot generalise that YOUR experiences are the same as everyone else, because YOUR clients have chosen YOU.
This is what I believe that a couple in their 30s would like to hear at their wedding - off cause this does not apply to every couple in england - I think though majority would ? I still cannot believe that you get no requests for garage or rnb at wedding - Sweet female attitude flowers ? surely you play this mark morrrison return of the mac ? Kevin Lyttle turn me on ? Usher yeah ? shola ama Imagine ??? These are danceflooor packers ?

Corabar Steve
10-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Kevin Lyttle turn me on
Which of the 2 genres are you putting that in?

Excalibur
10-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Times aren't changing - people still want to hear classic tunes and that doesn't mean it has to be something that Reflex plays every week..

Indeed. But I've got to say that nowadays, audiences of whatever age are coming up and asking if I can play something modern. ( Usually because they weren't in the venue when I played a hefty session of that five minutes before. :bang: )

Mind you, it was very nice on Saturday to have a punter ask exactly that, and when the two tracks I played cleared the floor, she came back up and said" Well I was obviously wrong. Haven't we got an older crowd? Go back to the stuff you were playing before. " Which had been ensuring an adequate number of dancers.

Definitely there's a shift in the music punters remember, and twenty years ago, I'd play a lot of Fifties music, and shedloads of Sixties. Nowadays, it's hard to get Seventies music in. :( :(

The main categories now seeem to be Modern and Cheese, with Tamla a distant third. Shame.

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-07-2012, 08:11 AM
I've never been asked for garage on a request list.

???? I find that soooo hard to believe your in the same area as me
Garage was huge at the turn of the millenium espicially around London and these people are getting married now ? Every bar and club was playing this

???????? I find this hard to believe the most requested genre of music at weddings I do is rnb ( rihanna, r kellly, usher, mary j blige etc etc).

What has the fact that I am in the same area got to do with anything? Read what you are posting! Does everyone in Berkshire like garage? Does everyone in Surrey like Dubstep? No. Exactly.

If that is what you are playing, then fair enough, but stop trying to say that just because you are in a certain area people will like a certain genre, 'cos that is nonsense.

Also, not everyone went clubbing...and not everyone is into dance music. People can pick and choose what they want for their own weddings, but 99.9% realise that it is a party and not a nightclub they are after. They want it to be inclusive with tunes for everyone.

I've heard so many clients over the years say how they saw a DJ who just played mindless dance music and didn't create any atmosphere with what they were playing and this was because the DJ thought he knew best by playing what he liked...

The main categories now seeem to be Modern and Cheese, with Tamla a distant third. Shame.

Based on what kind of bookings and how many Peter?

If cheese is a main category, then it could encompass 70s, 80s, 90s and chart.

Shakermaker Promotions
10-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Paul - I have only ever had 2 couples that have wanted Garage at their weddings. I think saying that a lot of couples in their 30's who are getting married are up for Garage is a kind of sweeping statement. I don't think areas make any difference either.
I get a lot of requests on song request lists NOT to play any Garage or RnB and have found that over the past 2 years, couples getting married in their late 20's, early 30's are remembering the likes of Five, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Chaka Demus etc... They come under the 'Cheese' banner in my book but what I think is 'Cheese', someone else may think is good and reminds them of when they were growing up.

I have 2 weddings next week and 2 the week after and it's predominantly Indie that they have requested.

katman
10-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Definitely there's a shift in the music punters remember, and twenty years ago, I'd play a lot of Fifties music, and shedloads of Sixties. Nowadays, it's hard to get Seventies music in. :( :(

I wonder how much of that is to do with radio stations going digital and many great oldies that they used to play on vinyl not being available on CD for them to rip and they cant be bothered to put in the work to transcribe them to digital.

Probably also due to the fact that all the local radio stations have been gobbled up by a couple of corporate giants and all running exactly the same boring format of only playing the last 20 years.

Yes Im a grumpy old man and proud of it :) :lol:

Corabar Entertainment
10-07-2012, 08:39 AM
There is the odd-track in EVERY genre (more in others) that was huge commercially (and by that I mean mainstream charts) that will get requested, but requesting a single track of a particular genre (or, more to the point, the genre that you would classify it as) does not constitute a request for the genre!

How often have you seen / heard other DJs mention clients have said 'No Cheese', yet 'Macarena' appears on their request list, 'No Rock', but 'Bon Jovi' is their large as life, etc, etc.

We not only ask for specific requests, but also have them give us a guide on genres of music they would like, would not like, and those they are happy to leave to the DJs discretion.

Yes, there are plenty of requests for current/recent (or modern) chart music, but, personally, I think that's got more to do with the fact that we appear to be enjoying a period where plenty of catchy, danceable tracks are being produced that appeal to all ages, and there's quite a few of them around now that DJs will be calling 'classics' and playing at weddings in many years to come.

dehayco
10-07-2012, 09:08 AM
I wonder how much of that is to do with radio stations going digital and many great oldies that they used to play on vinyl not being available on CD for them to rip and they cant be bothered to put in the work to transcribe them to digital.

Probably also due to the fact that all the local radio stations have been gobbled up by a couple of corporate giants and all running exactly the same boring format of only playing the last 20 years.

Yes Im a grumpy old man and proud of it :) :lol:

In terms of Radio though believe it or not thats what people want. The stations you mention wouldn't dare play anything that won't test well, as a result some of the stations you mention now report there best figures they have in years. With that information i think its safe to say people still love the older stuff and certainly most of the events i do theres a mixture of requests from 60's to chart.

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-07-2012, 09:08 AM
T
Yes, there are plenty of requests for current/recent (or modern) chart music, but, personally, I think that's got more to do with the fact that we appear to be enjoying a period where plenty of catchy, danceable tracks are being produced that appeal to all ages

Totally agree and was saying this yesterday to someone interested in booking for his 50th and he was asking for mainly 70s and 80s, but doesn't mind a bit of Lady Gaga and Rihanna!

WWDJ
10-07-2012, 09:12 AM
I think some of it is down to television. X-Factor, Strictly, Dancing on Ice. All using songs from the charts to some extent, or even putting records back in the charts.

I tend to keep one eye on tracks from these shows as these can be useful, although normally not the 'winners song' as these tend to be rubbish

Kernow
10-07-2012, 10:07 AM
, but doesn't mind a bit of Lady Gaga and Rihanna!

Who doesn't ??...... and the musics not bad either !! ;) :)

From an email received this week

"List so far you'll have to pad out a bit with a few disco classics, and some cheesey pop, to cater for all ages. Guess can chat about that when we meet. The music we have down is pretty up to date...

David Guetta, Rhianna, Beyonce, jason deruloooooooo, chris brown, katy perry, Bruno Mars, saturdays, rita ora, cover drive, Tai cruz, J-Lo, saturdays"

Bears out what others are saying ?

mattred
10-07-2012, 12:27 PM
I must admit in the last 5 or 6 weddings I have done there has been garage on the request list on over half of them. One was very much house and Garage and I was a little hesitant how it would work but it all went down brilliantly. I threw in some good quality 80s (love come down, lets groove etc) which fitted in great at the start but the night was very 4/4 and 2 step.

Old skool garage (it wasnt old when I was playing it in clubs in Faliraki!!) does seem to be on the up again. Garage club nights are popping up again and during most club sets I do I get some requests for Garage.

Will it work at every wedding? certainly not but I guess thats why we are the pros and as well as any supplied request list we can generally work out what will work the crowd.
My last wedding had a 20 song list (10 must / 10 try and play) which was very indie so I just stuck to that sort of vibe and didnt play any usher etc. (on there "please dont play" was Abba, wham etc)

So after that I guess we can agree(?) that what works at one wedding wont work at another!!

STEVE HANLEY
10-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Well this thread's certainly moved on a pace or two since I originally posted it:D :D Saturdays wedding just gone was a contradiction in terms. All of the younguns :D :D I.E. between 18 and 30 all seemed to be sat in one part of the room whilst the older adults were all sat in another part.

The bride told me to play lots of recent chart and a fair bit of 90's dance stuff, but I was also to play all requests from the guests no matter what era they hailed from. So I started off with current and recent chart stuff. It wasn't long before the younguns were up dancing. Whilst the parents etc remained firmly seated. It wasn't long however before the brides mother came over asked me play some older stuff for them and that seemed to set a pattern for the night. The older stuff emptied the kids off the floor and they were replaced by their parents and vice versa.

End result was that I had people on the floor majority of the night.;) Job done.

mattred
10-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Well this thread's certainly moved on a pace or two since I originally posted it:D :D Saturdays wedding just gone was a contradiction in terms. All of the younguns :D :D I.E. between 18 and 30 all seemed to be sat in one part of the room whilst the older adults were all sat in another part.

The bride told me to play lots of recent chart and a fair bit of 90's dance stuff, but I was also to play all requests from the guests no matter what era they hailed from. So I started off with current and recent chart stuff. It wasn't long before the younguns were up dancing. Whilst the parents etc remained firmly seated. It wasn't long however before the brides mother came over asked me play some older stuff for them and that seemed to set a pattern for the night. The older stuff emptied the kids off the floor and they were replaced by their parents and vice versa.

End result was that I had people on the floor majority of the night.;) Job done.

Glad to hear it was a good night. It does annoy me a little that some weddings really are split like that and when you play a new track one half loves you while aunty doris is giving you a look that could possibly kill and then half hour later you're her best friend but the young ones look at you like your the worst DJ to ever grace a pair of decks.
You are never going to please everyone and im happy to accept that, just wish other people would understand that you are tying to keep lots of different ages happy

STEVE HANLEY
10-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Glad to hear it was a good night. It does annoy me a little that some weddings really are split like that and when you play a new track one half loves you while aunty doris is giving you a look that could possibly kill and then half hour later you're her best friend but the young ones look at you like your the worst DJ to ever grace a pair of decks.
You are never going to please everyone and im happy to accept that, just wish other people would understand that you are tying to keep lots of different ages happy

I was lucky in the fact that both sets appreciated I was trying to keep everyone happy, but can't recall any one time where there was a mixture of both on the floor.;) ;)

paul1404
10-07-2012, 09:24 PM
I was lucky in the fact that both sets appreciated I was trying to keep everyone happy, but can't recall any one time where there was a mixture of both on the floor.;) ;)

Well said Steve - Just want to make a point as I was discussing this thread with some fellow Dj mates - I am fully aware that I was responding to Garage or Rnb etc - I would not even try to play it - There is a time and place for all types of music - You need to have the right crowd at the righ place at the right time and play the right song. IM just saying generally with my customers at wedding ( i admit Im doing fewer these days due to my residency) Im being aske to play more Rnb , Garage and chart - I just want poeple to know that If i doing a wedding for ethel and george who are both 60 - I would be dropping in Oxide and Neutrino - bound for da rebound for da rewind lol