PDA

View Full Version : XPRS Console

paulg
04-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Here we are, in the flesh and in use. An XPR Console. Thought it might be useful to see the finsihed article. Not a lot you can say about it really. Comes with bags, shelves and the like.

Easy to set up / fold up. I still think the shelves are a bit too high.

hammy
04-07-2012, 04:36 PM
I dont know wether I like it or not.

Andy Collins
04-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I think for 18 - 21st's and proms maybe this is OK and will fit in well. Not for weddings or corporate though.

If I showed this to my clients, i dont think I would have many clients left :(

There is a market for these, just not mine.

As for the 1st pic, a S&H would have looked a million times better in that room... sorry

Mark Wild
04-07-2012, 06:14 PM
You're not overly impressed Paul? What does it weigh mate and when you say easy to set up, how long does it take? I quite like it, not for what I do though really. At the £800 price tag for me personally it would be S&H/DSPB all day.

djpapastu
04-07-2012, 08:23 PM
I like it!

It's different, makes a change to the usual ultimax gear.

Also I like the fact it's difficult to knock over.

paulg
04-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Set up is 5 mins - a bit quicker than a V2 deckstand

It's not that I don't like it but I can't get too giddy about stands. I have a deckstand booth and I'm happy with that! This is one was bought by one of my DJ partners but we thought we'd let you chaps take a look in case you were fancying one.

On the plus side it is very light, compact, very rigid, the shelves are strong, it has an interesting look to it and unlike a star lit cloth I don't think a pint of lager and lime down the front of it wouldn't do much harm. The translucent bits are wipeable. I reckon you could do some very pretty / impressive things when lighting it. On the down side, you can see through parts of it so cables, plugs etc are visible. The top shelf is quite high so not so good if you have mics, playout, mixer all in one box because it would all show over the top. Most critically though, it doesn't give as much protection as the taller deckstand booths.

mattred
04-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Used mine for the first time tonight. I love it.
Perfect hight for me (I use either a xone dx controller, cdjs or technics 1200's)

I saw your YouTube video and the fact you were missing your front panel. Mine came with one but have been told there is a 2 week delay on the bags so that's the only awkward thing at the mo as the shelves are a pain to carry in.

I'm going to have a black cloth made for it for when the booth needs to be all black. Personally the room I was in tonight is white with coloured downlighting and out of all my kit the black speakers looked the worse.
The booth fitted in perfectly and would suit a wedding

Matt

Shaun
06-07-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure I would like a shelf that slopes downwards like that.

katman
06-07-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure I would like a shelf that slopes downwards like that.

Looking at the first pic it appears to be level. I think its just an optical illusion in the second pic but it does look somewhat downhill towards the back :lol:

mattred
09-07-2012, 09:04 AM
I think my post must of got deleted but just wanted to confirm the shelf is completely flat

Matt

Corabar Entertainment
09-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Looking at the photos and the points at which the shelves are attached, there is no way that they are both flat. If the main shelf is flat, then the top one must be slopping towards you.

paulg
09-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Bottom flat, middle flat. Top sloping.

Woodyo
10-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Do you need to use the top shelf as part of the construction or can it be used without this?

paulg
10-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Do you need to use the top shelf as part of the construction or can it be used without this?

You could but it makes it a bit wobbly

mattred
10-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Bottom flat, middle flat. Top sloping.

Spot on :-)

gear4djs
10-07-2012, 03:47 PM
You could but it makes it a bit wobbly

The consoles actually now come with an optional strut bar that can be used in the middle. This probably would allow you to take off the top shelf without any wobbleyness(sp?).

Hope this helps :)

Mike @ Gear4DJs

paulg
10-07-2012, 09:52 PM
The consoles actually now come with an optional strut bar that can be used in the middle. This probably would allow you to take off the top shelf without any wobbleyness(sp?).

Hope this helps :)

Mike @ Gear4DJs

And lets face it, if you bought one of these, it wouldn't be to hard to re-box mixers, playout etc into a flatter rather than upright package to compensate for the high shelves. The more I look at them the more I think these stands will be very, very popular.

Corabar Steve
11-07-2012, 01:05 AM
And lets face it, if you bought one of these, it wouldn't be to hard to re-box mixers, playout etc into a flatter rather than upright package to compensate for the high shelves. The more I look at them the more I think these stands will be very, very popular.
Yeah, 19" rackmount CD players, media controllers & mixers will fit really well into a coffin case. :sj:

ianforest
11-07-2012, 07:26 AM
I quite like it.

I think. Not sure.

Yeah, 19" rackmount CD players, media controllers & mixers will fit really well into a coffin case. :sj:

Easily, you'd just need a custom case. I have a friend who has a 40" wide case with two 19" wide 8u compartments in it. It looks really neat. Wheels at one end. It weighs a bit to be fair, he's got in it (from memory)...

Left side...

Denon HD2500
Denon X900

Right side...

MC6000
Connector strip

And then buried inside he has all the cabling, a Shure twin wireless mic receiver and so on.

Corabar Steve
11-07-2012, 08:09 AM
:bang:

gear4djs
11-07-2012, 10:31 AM
I quite like it.

I think. Not sure.

Easily, you'd just need a custom case. I have a friend who has a 40" wide case with two 19" wide 8u compartments in it. It looks really neat. Wheels at one end. It weighs a bit to be fair, he's got in it (from memory)...

Left side...

Denon HD2500
Denon X900

Right side...

MC6000
Connector strip

And then buried inside he has all the cabling, a Shure twin wireless mic receiver and so on.

This really highlights that with the XPRS, you really can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Some people have quite rightfully highlighted that cabling can be a problem. However, using proper cable ties (you can sometimes get them from the pound shops believe it or not - the ones you can use at computer workstations that are usually PVC and grey) will completely eliminate this problem.

The shelves are really quite sturdy and the bottom one is braced with aluminium bars at the bottom - it's not going to snap, believe you me!

Just as an side, check out what one person has done with their XPRS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=g9rfSfOnlzs

Mike @ Gear4DJs

MikeW
11-07-2012, 10:36 AM
This really highlights that with the XPRS, you really can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Some people have quite rightfully highlighted that cabling can be a problem. However, using proper cable ties (you can sometimes get them from the pound shops believe it or not - the ones you can use at computer workstations that are usually PVC and grey) will completely eliminate this problem.

The shelves are really quite sturdy and the bottom one is braced with aluminium bars at the bottom - it's not going to snap, believe you me!

Mike @ Gear4DJs

That does look good

paulg
11-07-2012, 10:38 AM

Mike @ Gear4DJs

That's the very same stand I posted pictures of with DJ rob's homemade rgby led frontage. He has eliminated problems with wires dangling. He's a very clever chap.

Glenski
11-07-2012, 10:39 AM
My main concer is the top shelf being sloped and punters placing their drinks/bottls on there and the inevitable happening below !!

I was seriously considering getting one of these over all other booths/options but that has put me off :(

Thanks

ianforest
11-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Yep, I think there's an issue there for sure. I mean, let's be honest, this product was never designed for what we do, we don't want Mr. Destructo drunken guest putting his bottle of Corona on that slopy bit, that would be a catastrophic fail.

Andy Collins
11-07-2012, 02:13 PM
This video of it has put me right off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djGVZLS5Q1I&feature=related

Andy Collins
11-07-2012, 02:14 PM
This video of it has put me right off!!

WWDJ
11-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I like my DSB more and it always gets good feedback from the clients.

gear4djs
11-07-2012, 03:14 PM
This video of it has put me right off!!

I think it's worth pointing out a few inaccuracies in this video...

The front panel that is missing in this video is aluminium, and are all currently shipping as standard with all LiteConsole XPRs - a small percentage of orders did not ship with the front panels, but they definitely do now. :)

The strut that is shown in the video is optional - it can be used sometimes for more strength, but it not neccesary as it can admittedly interfere with uplighting.

The perspex panels look very loose in that video, but they *do* hold into the console comfortably well and do not wobble in reality like shown in the video.

The strut bars are also, strictly speaking, bonded in using industrial strength bonding material rather than 'glued' in. This is quite a pedantic point, but I think it's still worth pointing out!

Finally, all of the plastic mountings on the console are ABS plastic (a ludicrously strong plastic material used in literally thousands of applications) which will easily hold the weight of DJ equipment and take the use (and abuse ;) ) of DJ shows.

I think it is great that people put up videos such as those, but I think it is also worth highlighting points such as these - things can get very confusing otherwise.

Mike @ Gear4DJs

Andy Collins
11-07-2012, 05:54 PM
never the less, the kick plate at the bottom doesn't look to be up to the job it is intended for!

It looks like it can easilly come away from the frame, break if kicked and lost / borrowed should it come away from the frame during the night.

Like the person who made the video said, he would have thought it would be made of aliminum or better still - steel for durability, and for the price that is what I would expect IF I were buying one.

Woodyo
15-07-2012, 05:15 PM
I've just bought one .... waiting now for front metal panel ... apparently ships in a separate carton . There are two small grey plastic clip things in the box anyone got any idea what these are for?
Question 2 ... Are bags available yet ?

mattred
16-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Used mine at the weekend without the top slopeing panel and found it incredibly sturdy.
Due to the venue I covered the booth in black surge wool cloth so it became just a black Dj booth.
It got some great comments from the photographer who said "that's a clever idea having a shelf like that, most are just a frame with a cloth and then the Dj has another stand inside"

The kick board is sturdy enough for what it is. I don't think it was ever designed to take a proper kicking just to stop toes creeping in when a customer comes and says hello. An aluminium one would be nice but it hasn't put me off.

I'm still waiting on the bag for it which I believe should be turing up in the next week or 2. That will help load in and out as its a bit awkward having the shelves separate.

Matt

SoundONE
07-08-2012, 10:21 AM
The shelves should certainly have some metal incorperated, so that it's supporting the frame from either side via a metal strut or 2, it could easily be implemented.

Rather than the abs holding the frames together and the ally simply glued to the abs, it would be much better if the ally was holding the frame together and the shelves were glued to the ally. Same with the kickplate, a decent one could be easily be included

Looks good but I don't think it's as good as it could be.

super-hero
07-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Has anyone used these stands with turntables. I do club nights and the look of the stand would work well. I am just worried that turntable feedback would be an issue.

The video put me off a bit as well. I thought the kick plate would be metal. I also think have the shelf braces hooking over the frame would be a good idea. Two turntables and a mixer is quite a weight.

I think the front panel is held in place by some sliding clips which stop it moving about.

I need to see one in the flesh to make sure it will work for me.

gear4djs
08-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Has anyone used these stands with turntables. I do club nights and the look of the stand would work well. I am just worried that turntable feedback would be an issue.

The video put me off a bit as well. I thought the kick plate would be metal. I also think have the shelf braces hooking over the frame would be a good idea. Two turntables and a mixer is quite a weight.

I think the front panel is held in place by some sliding clips which stop it moving about.

I need to see one in the flesh to make sure it will work for me.

These stands do hold a great deal of weight - we're talking at least 20-30kgs total. The front panels are held with very strong ABS plastic clips.

Feel free to ask any more questions about the console :)

Mike @ Gear4DJs

super-hero
08-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Does it come with a warrantee on the shelves.

Are the shelves easy to clean, with warm soapy water for instance.

Does the stand have rubber feet.

Is £799 a fixed price or are there deals to be had. You can pm me an answer to that if you like.

Adam_F
09-08-2012, 11:30 AM
If you are talking prices, I'm actually after the LiteConsole mk2, not the XPRS. PM me a price for that if you can get them.

Woodyo
19-08-2012, 12:50 PM
First outing last night with my XPRS . Still have to get the panel laser cut and powder coated but all in all and quite pleased with it. I'm using it without the top shelf or support strutt and its sturdy enough. Not too sure about the plastic shelves I think these could easily be damaged at the edges if handled roughly. Going to get better bags made as the ones it comes with a pretty flimsy and don't really offer that much protection.

Jem
28-08-2012, 09:48 AM
If you are talking prices, I'm actually after the LiteConsole mk2, not the XPRS. PM me a price for that if you can get them.

What's the difference between the two consoles? I did a search to try and find an image of the Mk2 but couldn't turn anything up.

Cheers

Jem

Adam_F
28-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Info here (http://www.prolyte.com/documents/pdf/ProductFlyers/LiteConsole%20Flyer.pdf)

Not as easy to transport, but for me it's for club nights & outdoor events.

Jem
28-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Ahhh... I see now. Thanks for the link Adam, I think the XPRS will be the one for me having seen the Mk2.

Cheers

Jem

gear4djs
31-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Just thought I'd let everyone know that a new batch of LiteConsole XPRS' will be arriving with us on Tuesday 4th September. (http://www.gear4djs.co.uk/liteconsole-xprs-82-c.asp)

Some great XPRS discussion going on here by the looks of things!

Mike @ Gear4DJs

bmdj
16-09-2012, 08:54 AM
I think for 18 - 21st's and proms maybe this is OK and will fit in well. Not for weddings or corporate though.

If I showed this to my clients, i dont think I would have many clients left :(

There is a market for these, just not mine.

As for the 1st pic, a S&H would have looked a million times better in that room... sorry

As they say "horses for courses"........:)

Corabar Entertainment
16-09-2012, 10:29 AM
As they say "horses for courses"........:)

Hi there. Please have a read below, then pop on over to the newbies forum and tell us a bit about yourself.
Are you new to the forum?. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the members in this forum section by Clicking Here (http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=32). We've found that our members are usually more forthcoming with their help and advice when new members have taking the time to say hello and tell a little about themselves. So, jump right on in. Welcome to the MDD forum!

New members posts are initially moderated, which means your posts wont be visible until they are approved by a moderator. The 'moderation' is a temporary measure and is automatically removed after 10 posts.

And finally, Please also take a moment to fill in your profile, which is a requirement of the Modile Disco Directory Forum. This can be done via the User CP settings at the top left hand side of the forum - alternatively you can fast-track to the options by Clicking Here (http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/profile.php?do=editprofile). Thanks.

I look forward to your introduction! :)

bmdj
16-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Had a tour or the Prolyte litestructure plants at Wakefield and got to see the pre production lighting bar for the XPRS console. Very different but matches the truss of the console you'll all be able to see it at BPM.

Woodyo
23-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Used mine now for about six gigs now , not a serious issue but for an £800 piece of kit it should be bulletproof .... the glue on all the shelves has failed to keep the shelf attached to the shelf frame and I have had to use cable ties to secure the plastic to the frame . I know of at least one other person who has had the same problem. Still love the booth though and looking forward to having a chat the the console designers at BPM.

bmdj
23-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Used mine now for about six gigs now , not a serious issue but for an £800 piece of kit it should be bulletproof .... the glue on all the shelves has failed to keep the shelf attached to the shelf frame and I have had to use cable ties to secure the plastic to the frame . I know of at least one other person who has had the same problem. Still love the booth though and looking forward to having a chat the the console designers at BPM.

Do yours have june on the label?
Contact Nick Mcgeachin or keith williams at prolyte, his contact details are on the prolyte site. http://www.prolyte.com/about-prolyte/who-is-who/wakefield - see sales/account management
They will exchange them regardless. Nick will be at BPM so you could see him there.

bmdj
23-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Anyone bought the lighting gantry for the XPRS console? Any close up pictures or video of setting it up?

bmdj
23-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I see DJ kit are now stocking the UDG bags for the XPRS console, http://www.djkit.com/misc-supplier/liteconsole-xprs-foldable-mobile-dj-stand.html
Saying that they are £390! where as the large bulky flight case from flight case warehouse is £409. Not sure how lightweight the UDG bag is as it has casters built in, it may still be abit over kill. What I was hoping for was something a bit like a large arriba case , lightweight, narrow, padded made from fairly hard wearing material.

Benny Smyth
29-05-2014, 10:51 AM
I see DJ kit are now stocking the UDG bags for the XPRS console, http://www.djkit.com/misc-supplier/liteconsole-xprs-foldable-mobile-dj-stand.html
Saying that they are £390! where as the large bulky flight case from flight case warehouse is £409. Not sure how lightweight the UDG bag is as it has casters built in, it may still be abit over kill. What I was hoping for was something a bit like a large arriba case , lightweight, narrow, padded made from fairly hard wearing material.

I went with the Flightcase Warehouse. UDG Bags are horrid. I just do not like them. They feel awkward and they have handles that come off if you try and lift the bag, which surely defeats the purpose of having a :Censored: handle?

atlanticdisco
26-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Guys, how are you all finding the consuls. I see there is another company producing a similar product. Would like to see them side by side but dare say this will not happen. Quite fancy this setup.

bmdj
27-11-2014, 08:23 AM
My XPRS console is great! Bought the gantry as well as it allows me to fit a lot in a small foot print. The other console out there is a cheap looking copy IMO. It does not fold like the xprs and instead slots together. There is an XPRS lite coming out at a more affordable price but same look.

Benny Smyth
27-11-2014, 09:22 AM
The Opti stand is the new thing at the moment. I saw it at BPM and the first thing I thought was that LiteConsole must have gone cheap all of a sudden. The welding looks awful, it seems flimsy and - dare I say it - the plinths look dangerous with their exposed sharp edges. Only after looking into it did I realise that it wasn't made by LC.

The Opti does have the advantage of expansion and I suspect that's why so many people at BPM were using it at their stands. You can add an arch to it, or loads of other things. It does seem that the only limitation is your imagination with this.

The Opti is wider than the LiteConsole. On an LC, you can fit two CDJ 1000s and a decent size four channel mixer snugly. The idea of the Opti is to fit the those units in there whilst still in the coffin case and a bit more wiggle room. I find the LC more than sufficient in width for my needs and bearing in mind that we sometimes work gigs where space is at a premium, a wider stand may be a step in the wrong direction.

The LC folds out and you add the shelves and panels, taking less than 3 minutes for me to set up fully. The Opti comes in parts and needs to be built. RSD has made a video for each stand of how to build them, and the Opti is certainly a lot more fiddly (velcro for the front panel is certainly a headscratcher). The shelves on the Opti are metal (as opposed to LC's plastic) but there isn't a bottom shelf. The LC Lite will also be missing the bottom shelf, I believe. I use that shelf myself, but I also know know a lot of people who don't so it's neither here nor there.

Transportation wise, the LC has the UDG bag (which I do not rate) and you can get a flightcase from the Flightcase Warehouse (which, whilst monstrous, is what I have). The Opti, as far as I have seen, doesn't have anything like that yet (I may be wrong).

The Opti is blatantly based on the LC and when I spoke to Nick at BPM, he did mention that LC may take legal action as the LC is patented. I'm wondering if it is similar enough to take such action, but then saying that when I first saw the Opti, I thought it was an LC. Who knows what may come of that?

In my honest opinion, the LC is superior. It's costs about £100 more than the Opti and whilst the latter is far more customizable, is that really what we as mobile DJ's need? People always comment on how great my LC looks and I like to think that I have an impressive light show around it. The LC is the best investment that I have ever have to buy a replacement, it will certainly be an LC over the Opti.

Jim - Scotland's Party DJ
27-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Have to agree with Benny and it's nothing to do with being one of the Lite Console brigade - I don't know much else about it but from the pictures it looks really cheap (almost like a Maplin knock off of a LC)

I've never seen or heard anyone claim about any of the Lite Consoles look cheap whether in person or looking at pics online and with that being the case - there's a good chance punters are going to think it looks cheap too so you're left with a fiddly, expensive, cheap stand which again by the looks of it is nowhere near as sturdy as the LC.

Jim - Scotland's Party DJ
27-11-2014, 02:47 PM
I've just had a look at the add ons and most of them are ridiculous.

For an 18th or a 21st you might get away with it but unless you're going to go mad with soft lighting (and whether that's even possible) who wants a tonne of trussing decked out at their wedding or birthday party?