PDA

View Full Version : 50's themed birthday

djrobentertainment
05-07-2012, 03:54 PM
I have one of these coming up soon and wan't a bit of advice on how best to light it.I'm thinking of just a few par cans and the Chauvet Cubix.

Corabar Entertainment
05-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Glad to see you managed to log back in, Rob ;) :)

funkymook
05-07-2012, 04:13 PM
I have one of these coming up soon and wan't a bit of advice on how best to light it.I'm thinking of just a few par cans and the Chauvet Cubix.

I wouldn't have said the Cubix evokes the 50's at all.

When you say themed how far are they going with the décor and music?

For an authentic look you'll probably only need some par cans - from experience a lot of theme nights end up being a 'normal' disco so the usual lighting could be an option later on.

So it all depends how much the clients and guests are into the whole 50's thing.

djrobentertainment
05-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Full 50's dress ,decor vintage cars music. They have asked to modernize the lighting a bit. So i'm staying away from scanners and moving heads and might go with a Chauvet Rotosphere for a modern turn at a mirror ball.

Glad to see you managed to log back in, Rob ;) :)

Glad to be back would love to know what the problem was :(

DJDC
05-07-2012, 09:48 PM
If I was considering this myself, I'd get a mirror ball and old theatre lights, although much of the old rank strand stuff dates from the 1960's. I would get some PATT 123'S or PATT 23's on stands with subtle colours.

Although as is suggested PAR's would be a good compromise, or watch the school dance scene from grease whilst a few years later i'd be happy for that type of effect.

As you suggest anything that can do a modern take on a old effect might suffice