PDA

View Full Version : Street party db level

salford1986
07-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Is 70 db ok for a street party iv killed my bass right down to the lowest I can before it sounds awful! Had two complaints off neighbours what can u do? Except say sorry, i personally think it sounds low enough.

Mark Wild
07-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Why aren't your neighbours at the street party? lol

theoloyla
07-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Good point Mark

Alchemy
07-07-2012, 02:58 PM

and why isn't it raining like everywhere else? :D

Mark Wild
07-07-2012, 03:09 PM
I think his street party is an illegal rave in his shed with him and his mates :D

Corabar Steve
07-07-2012, 11:17 PM
what can u do?
Well for starters YOU can stop using text speak.

Any further posts breaking this rule will be deleted.

salford1986
08-07-2012, 05:58 PM
How about helping me instead of taking the mick just because iv stated my birth year in my username you think it's ok to brand me as a young crappy Dj that has raves on his own street with my mates haha :) it was for a 40th birthday party in alderley hedge, and i was asking for help because I've test my db for my speakers and it's 70db but don't worry I didn't get any further complaints from neighbours, I just thought this forum was for help, advise I won't ask again

So lol isn't text speak, don't go down that road

U short for YOU....LOL short for laugh out loud...???

Corabar Entertainment
08-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Take it down a notch, please, and for the record, no, 'LOL' is not text speak, but 'u' is. I suggest you re-read the forum rules if you're unclear about them, but please don't argue with the mods when you break them.

Asking why neighbours weren't at a street party is a perfectly reasonable question. To find out that it was a private party that someone has decided to hold in their street is somewhat surprising.

What permits were in place to have the party in the first place? That should give you all the information you need. If the answer to that question is that there wasn't a permit, then the answer to your original question as to what db is reasonable, the answer is 0!

Excalibur
08-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Parties of any kind in a house or along a street can be a nightmare in summer. I dry hired some kit years ago, and the police were called because of the noise! He'd invited the two streets near him, and three streets away complained. :(

I haven't checked the figures, but I'd have said that an accurate figure of 70 Db was more than acceptable. Accurate. And bear in mind that sound often travels in very funny ways.

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-07-2012, 08:16 PM
http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html

According to that a telephone dial is louder than 70db!

Excalibur
08-07-2012, 08:24 PM
http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html

According to that a telephone dial is louder than 70db!

Which is why I questioned the accuracy of the measurement. Even without looking, I knew that level was very very low.

Mark Wild
09-07-2012, 09:14 AM
How about helping me instead of taking the mick just because iv stated my birth year in my username you think it's ok to brand me as a young crappy Dj that has raves on his own street with my mates haha :) it was for a 40th birthday party in alderley hedge, and i was asking for help because I've test my db for my speakers and it's 70db but don't worry I didn't get any further complaints from neighbours, I just thought this forum was for help, advise I won't ask again

Easy tiger

Alchemy
09-07-2012, 09:24 AM
it was for a 40th birthday party in alderley hedge,

Did they plant the hedge to stop people falling over the edge? ;)

salford1986
09-07-2012, 09:56 AM
interesting point, it says on it 80 db is a telephone dial...115 db is a loud rock concert. so if you get a telephone dial turn the colume up to double what it should be sound and it would be even louder than a rock concert? lol

WWDJ
09-07-2012, 09:59 AM
interesting point, it says on it 80 db is a telephone dial...115 db is a loud rock concert. so if you get a telephone dial turn the colume up to double what it should be sound and it would be even louder than a rock concert? lol

That's not how it works. 3db is a doubling of volume (pretty sure that is right).

Put it like this. On Saturday I was playing pretty loud and running about 92db on the dancefloor at 3m. The band were doing about 95db. They sounded twice as loud as I did for sure (which explains the people who went outside).

katman
09-07-2012, 10:33 AM
3db is a doubling of POWER.
10db is a doubling of VOLUME

salford1986
09-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Did they plant the hedge to stop people falling over the edge? ;)

lol il give you that one, made me laugh

3db is a doubling of POWER.
10db is a doubling of VOLUME

learned something new thanks