PDA

View Full Version : Allianz Musical Insurance

DazzyD
08-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Just a quick one.

Does anyone know if these guys insure lighting/effects, too? Their website seems to only mention sound equipment.

Also, if anyone has dealt with them before and has an opinions on their service then please share!

Thanks in advance!

djrobentertainment
08-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Dj Guard seems to be what most of us use so I can't comment on whether or not they this

Andy Collins
08-07-2012, 12:42 PM
I am insurred with Allianz, they do cover lighting fx etc. I emailed them a list of all my kit and they got back to me with a quote!

Their insurance included free smart water, which is a bonus :)

DazzyD
08-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Dj Guard seems to be what most of us use so I can't comment on whether or not they this

I was with DJGuard a few years ago and the first year's premium was really good. However, after the first year, they wanted to increase the premiums by more than I found acceptable. Obviously, it was a case of get you in as a customer and then take away the cheap premiums after the first year. However, read on!

I am insurred with Allianz, they do cover lighting fx etc. I emailed them a list of all my kit and they got back to me with a quote!

Their insurance included free smart water, which is a bonus :)

This was something that did catch my eye. I'm not sure what it is but it sounded good!

Well, after a day's checking out policies and getting quotes, Allianze came in at nearly £20 per month with the first month free. But DJGuard came in at £14.50 for the same level of cover (even cheaper if you pay in one go but I find it easier to work month by month). Obviously, it's probably down to the first year tempting premiums but I (well, not me really but the money man of the business!!) decided to go with DJGuard as we can always shop around again in 12 months time. It is a buyer's market after all.

So, thanks for the advice, guys. I must say, when I woke up this morning looking to review my insurance policy, I didn't expect to be signing up with DJGuard again, but, there you go! It's a funny old world!

thex-faders
09-07-2012, 06:26 PM
I also did a quick shop around for new insurers but renewed with DJ Guard.

The monthly option is cheap and although you pay more in the long run, if you give them notice you can pay the remaining balance in full without paying the interest on top.

Happy days, both of us covered for another year plus the gear.

Tom

Glenski
09-07-2012, 06:31 PM
My gear is insured through DJ Guard also :)

Has been for years ...

Thanks