PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity West Midlands

alexperrins
12-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Hope this is ok with the mods. Let me know if it isn't - apologies in advance.

Ok, being a bit honest here. I started a few months back as a Mobile DJ, with the intention of doing karaoke. Therefore, on all my literature I put that Karaoke would be available. However, after further research I am no longer considering setting up with Karaoke (as it is market I am not familiar with and the costs of start up are quite high).

Now, I have had a couple of requests asking for KJ/DJ and obviously I couldn’t do them, however - how many of you are there who would be happy to travel to the West Midlands area (Birmingham/Solihull up to Lichfield) to be my first port of call when I next get an interest in Karaoke? I wouldn’t ask for commission if you are successful in taking the recommendation, perhaps just a favour in return in the future. Unfortunately I’m not asking for someone to do an immediate event, but when the next one comes up, I’d like to recommend somebody who I hope will do a good job.

Thanks

Alex P (Discobox Entertainment)

PS: Try not to PM me, I'm just trying to get an idea of who's interested, if anybody....

Corabar Entertainment
12-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Hope this is ok with the mods. Let me know if it isn't - apologies in advance.No problems whatsoever :teeth:

BeerFunk
12-10-2006, 04:10 PM
I think this demonstrates that there is less and less money in karaoke, as it is easier than ever for 'cowboy' KJs to get in there for £50-100 - in my area anyway :(

I was looking for the old thread 'Do you do karaoke', or something along those lines, but I can't find it - deleted?

jamesh
12-10-2006, 04:29 PM
I'd be interested Alex.

Already do karaoke as part of the services (either stand alone or with disco) i offer and based in Worcestershire so don't see any problem with it...

Depending on the function cost i'd be ahppy to discuss commissions to as it's only right as it's your advertising costs that went into it etc...

alexperrins
12-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks for your interest James, thought you might be interested! ;)

If it is ok, I'll leave the thread open to others until it makes its way to the forgotten depths of the karaoke section and PM/Email you within the next couple of days.

:teeth:

jamesh
12-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah no worries.... I'm always interested in business deals :p Putting out 2 shows now too (well trialing over October/November) so the more work the merrier! :):):)

Paul James Promotions
12-10-2006, 05:56 PM
I'd be interested too mate. I am especially on the look out for a new Friday residency. Anything concidered :)

Based in Tipton, and currently have residencies in Cannock, Wolverhampton, Sedgely and Central Birmingham.

soundscapes
12-10-2006, 06:51 PM
I think this demonstrates that there is less and less money in karaoke, as it is easier than ever for 'cowboy' KJs to get in there for £50-100 - in my area anyway :(

I was looking for the old thread 'Do you do karaoke', or something along those lines, but I can't find it - deleted?

same in my area, which is why i will shortly have a full set of karaoke discs and player for sale

jamesh
12-10-2006, 07:08 PM
The reason i still do karaoke and race nights are they are great little boosters to the discos.... It's not very often i'll do a race night or Karaoke night (as opposed to karaoke disco) on a saturday night as i know i can earn more doing a disco....

BUT they are great to pad out the weekend and week days to earn a little extra cash.. I'd rather be out earning slighly less doing a karaoke night or race night during the week or on a friday/sunday than sitting at home watching TV...

colinm345
19-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi Alex

Starmaker2000karaoke is interested2
as we are local to the places you mention:)

funkymike
19-11-2006, 02:03 PM
me too, Iam in oxfordshire, but I charge lots

cus iam good

colinm345
19-11-2006, 02:22 PM
me too, Iam in oxfordshire, but I charge lots

cus iam good

So are we ,but maybe not as much???:p :) :) :)