PDA

View Full Version : Apologies

LeapCreative
13-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to apologise to anyone trying to contact me over the past month. Unfortunatley due to the incompetence of BT and several indian call centres, i have been without broadband at home for the last month.

Anyway, ill reply to the stack of emails one by one. Also, a big thankyou to a couple of mates in the Preston area who've managed my bookings for me.

Cheers

Corabar Entertainment
13-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Welcome back, Lee... funnily enough, I was thinking the other day that we hadn't seen you online for a while! :)

Jiggles
13-10-2006, 08:40 PM
So thats what happend lol Welcome Back

LeapCreative
13-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Cheers Angela :)

Just as a quick aside: I've been booked for a wedding next weekend, with a woodland/forest theme. Acme iColours against all 4 walls, so the room is in green and blue, with a few iMoves slowly panning with a green light. Anyone ever done a similar thing who could give me some tips?

Cheers

Paul James Promotions
13-10-2006, 08:49 PM
A show I did recently. Should give you some ideas...

A1DL
13-10-2006, 08:53 PM
nice one Jamie, looks superb :teeth:

LeapCreative
13-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Spot on mate. It's a very chavvish wedding (i.e. bride, groom and 24 illegitamate, yet charming children). We could have cut our pre-event meeting short by just saying:

"dispense with all taste, just make it look as tacky as possible"

it makes you wonder, it really does....

Corabar Entertainment
13-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Will you be in tights of lincoln green? ;)

LeapCreative
13-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Although her dress looks like she coated herself in superglue and jumped head first into an oxfam shop, i will not be wearing suibtable attire.

I'm off to find a fluorecent green Kappa tracksuit top and matching bottoms. Along with Rockport boots. Just to fit in :)

djbigdevs
13-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Shockwave - let's hope she doesn't stumble across this forum & your comments!!

On seconds thoughts, I doubt you have to worry, she'll be watching repeats of Trisha!!! :teeth:

LeapCreative
13-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Not repeats as such. Just the four episodes she's starred in. ;-)

Basically its a last minute gig anyway, and ive undercut myself massivley to get near the original DJ's quote. He pulled out at the last minute and went to France. I think he had the right idea actually :)

Corabar Entertainment
13-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Lee: I'm curious - why charge less than you usually would? They have been let down by a less scrupulous DJ and are lucky to find you available at the last minute. This puts you 'in the driving seat' so to speak. By this, I am not suggesting for a minute that anyone should try and over-charge in these circumstances, but I can't for the life of me understand why you would charge less????????????????????????

As has frequently been said on these forums, it often happens that a last minute enquiry comes along saying they have been let down and the customer yells in surprise when given a quote that their previous DJ was only charging £x...... Reply: "Well I'll only charge you £x not to turn up if you like!!!" ;)

LeapCreative
13-10-2006, 09:55 PM
LOL, i've heard and used the expression more than once!

Main reason is that the particular hotel puts a lot of work our way, and it was their resident DJ that had been booked. We usually take care of their larger customers, whilst the resident plays the hotel bar. Hence, the hotel asked a favour, and as a goodwill gesture i dropped my price by about £90.

Not the best business pratice i must admit, but i've made it clear to the hotel that this is a one off, and will not be repeated. In return, im guaranteed their recommendation and continued business for a few years yet :)

Corabar Entertainment
13-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Fair enough..... now it makes sense :teeth:

ian8limelight
13-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Welcome back Lee.

LeapCreative
13-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Cheers Ian, much appreciated :)

DMX Will
13-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Literally Lee "I was worried sick", Nice to have you back mate :)

LeapCreative
13-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Cheers Will, nice to be back. On that note actually, ill be asking your advice shortly on 4 new imove wash lights that we've just bought. They dont seem to be linking to the ilead controller at all. Hmmm...

Shaun
14-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Nice to see you back Lee. :)

Corabar Steve
14-10-2006, 01:24 AM
Welcome back Lee :thumbs_up
Just as a quick aside: I've been booked for a wedding next weekend, with a woodland/forest theme. Acme iColours against all 4 walls, so the room is in green and blue, with a few iMoves slowly panning with a green light. Anyone ever done a similar thing who could give me some tips?
Blue & green should never be seen :teeth:

soundtracker
14-10-2006, 08:53 AM
green and blue just will not do!

LeapCreative
14-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Cheers everyone :)

As i said, all taste at this wedding should be left at the front door. After visiting the bride and groom at their home and meeting some of their charming family, i was asked 'you can leave your stuff at the hotel overnight if you like, we wont touch it'.

It took all the professionalism i have to stop from bursting out laughing, pointing at them and shouting 'liar liar liar!'