PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke Hire

Excalibur
18-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Does anyone hire, or know of hirers of Karaoke gear in the Penrith,Cumbria, Scottish Borders area. I have a friend with a hotel in the Canonbie area, and we would like for me to do him a couple of nights round the New Year. Obviously gear is not a problem, all I need is a Karaoke player, monitor, and discs. Last time I hired locally to me (Yorkshire) and was pushed for time returning it. If we could find someone nearer Canonbie that would obviously be a great help. Thanks all.

EMKaraoke
20-10-2006, 02:28 PM
There's less and less Hirers about these days, gear has gone down in price so much these days, and for the odd occassion its easier to get a Pro DJ/KJ in. (Giving the boys some business.) and or as mentioned a kit out costs so little these days ya can get a decent machine new for the £120+ mark. Blue laser is a good machine £119-£150, as well as the RSQ E500 from £169+. Keep an eye on the papers and forums for a Retiring KJ ya may get a great deal on his disc selection.

Hope this info & advice helps.

Had a quick scout for hirer's in you local area with thte aid of google... alas no luck....

Excalibur
20-10-2006, 03:13 PM
There's less and less Hirers about these days, gear has gone down in price so much these days, and for the odd occassion its easier to get a Pro DJ/KJ in. (Giving the boys some business.) and or as mentioned a kit out costs so little these days ya can get a decent machine new for the £120+ mark. Blue laser is a good machine £119-£150, as well as the RSQ E500 from £169+. Keep an eye on the papers and forums for a Retiring KJ ya may get a great deal on his disc selection.

Hope this info & advice helps.

Had a quick scout for hirer's in you local area with thte aid of google... alas no luck....

Gear may be cheap, but hardly ecomonic for one gig per year! It's the discs that are the stunbling block. Thanks anyway.

If anyone with Karaoke gear wants a gig in Scottish Borders get in touch, we may be able to deal.

EMKaraoke
23-10-2006, 09:05 AM
For once a year your right, you'll probably find you'd use for more venue's once you actually got it. But the sensible & affordable thing to do is hire a pro in as you have requested.