PDA

View Full Version : Banner Advert

Ricesnaps
18-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Guys,

Just taken out a banner advert on a newish wedding site. The guy has designed the banner for me and just called to say have a look and tell me what you think.

Opinions please - I think I love it.....

http://www.norfolk-weddings.co.uk/

click on the A-Z and then DJ & Disco to see me!

alexperrins
18-10-2006, 02:07 PM
I love the animation :teeth: though I can't really read the business card on the left of the banner, still excellent though!

Ricesnaps
18-10-2006, 02:12 PM
I love the animation :teeth: though I can't really read the business card on the left of the banner, still excellent though!
Not bad for something I didn't specify myself is it. The "business card" I guess is just intended as a "logo" for me - I have a better quality version I think I will send the site - you can see where I have badly photoshopped the telephone numbers off what was a business card on that one!

Ricesnaps
18-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Noone else got any comments?

DMX Will
18-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Looks good...Followed the link to your site, nice pics/site

Where did you get your DJ booth from or did you make it, are the blue lights LEDs or what, looks sweet :)

Corabar Steve
18-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Looks fun.

BTW Matt, re your website, did you know the Kyotee search facility overlaps the PLI Validator logo?

CRAZY K
18-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Nice one Rice---

Glad to see your using the " Your Choice"
of music for the client.

With that amount of CDs is it time to hit the Digital Trail?

teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

CRAZY K

Have a disco
18-10-2006, 04:16 PM
£100 for 3 months ouch

Corabar Steve
18-10-2006, 04:19 PM
£100 for 3 months ouch
No worse than £25 a month in a school calendar :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Ricesnaps
18-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Looks good...Followed the link to your site, nice pics/site

Where did you get your DJ booth from or did you make it, are the blue lights LEDs or what, looks sweet :)
Thanks for that. I'm a little concerned that the site is a bit busy, but it's a nice easy read colour and font I think and I like having the photo's dotted about like I do. But in general I have a feeling I need to do something with the front page, maybe trim it down and take out the wording - but hey, this wasn't meant to be a thread about my site, but about my banner!

As for the "booth", maybe some of you will remember this coming into existance! I actually sold about 4 or five of these custom made to other shows and have had great feedback. It's an 8' x 4' hinged panel, about an inch deep with blue LED's. I usually these days leave it self standing (slightly hinged in the middle). Have had some great comments about it. However it's coming towards time to start a re-build I think, so might have that one to sell in the near future.

One final thing with my site - has anyone viewed it in Firefox? I find that the layout merges in firefox, but don't know how to stop that. Oh and I am getting some great feedback from clients on the "choose your music" feature - not something I am hugely in favour of, but it does seem to be what the wedding crowd want, so if you can't beat em - join em. The database has been dowloaded loads! Must update it!

Steve - I did know about the Kyotee problem - on my too do list!

Ricesnaps
18-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Nice one Rice---

Glad to see your using the " Your Choice"
of music for the client.

With that amount of CDs is it time to hit the Digital Trail?

teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

CRAZY K
Have just worked out how to add in my MP3's to my music database software, so should havethe updated PDF uploaded soon - that adds another 3 or 4 thousand tracks!

As I said above - hate having to go down that route (and you know my thoughts on that), but I have a feeling it's the way to go!

Ricesnaps
18-10-2006, 04:29 PM
£100 for 3 months ouch
Yes, paying that much would be a huge hole in our non-existant budget don't you think :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Corabar Steve
18-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Angela uses Firefox in the office, but she looked at the wong (suffolkdj) site :teeth: :teeth:

Have a disco
18-10-2006, 04:33 PM
which level did you use ricey the 100 for 3 months or the £50 for 12 months seems expensive way of advertising via internet thats all

and yes £25 for one month in a years calender is worth it as my exes kid goes there and people flick back through a calender to refer back to numbers within it etc etc

Im finding it very hard to validate this kind of outlay for advertising when there are supposedly so many free internet advertising sites???

Ricesnaps
18-10-2006, 04:37 PM
which level did you use ricey the 100 for 3 months or the £50 for 12 months seems expensive way of advertising via internet thats all

and yes £25 for one month in a years calender is worth it as my exes kid goes there and people flick back through a calender to refer back to numbers within it etc etc

Im finding it very hard to validate this kind of outlay for advertising when there are supposedly so many free internet advertising sites???
I think it would be unfair to disclose how much I paid, but lets just say that I didn't pay £100. Have a look at the 2nd add on the chocolate page - might be familiar too!

Corabar Steve
18-10-2006, 04:41 PM

But if it finds Matt's target audience????????????????????

Ricesnaps
18-10-2006, 04:48 PM
But if it finds Matt's target audience????????????????????
Well it's gotta be worth a go - the site looks nice, has some big contributers and supporters and fits in with the Norfolk arm of our work - will let you all know how it goes!

CRAZY K
18-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Rice, after I looked at the play list in Acrobat--- when leaving the listings BY CLICKING TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER got an error message saying there was a problem with Adobe and then lost the whole of my Explorer connection---plus your site--- bang!

CRAZY K

Ricesnaps
18-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Rice, after I looked at the play list in Acrobat--- when leaving the listings BY CLICKING TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER got an error message saying there was a problem with Adobe and then lost the whole of my Explorer connection---plus your site--- bang!

CRAZY K
Sorry to hear that, but it works fine my end and at work - maybe you have a problem?

Corabar Entertainment
18-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Sorry to hear that, but it works fine my end and at work - maybe you have a problem?...or maybe his computer does! :omg: :teeth: :teeth:

A1DL
18-10-2006, 07:16 PM
I can't even find the banner we're talking about, there's a Hilton logo, an advert for Figleaves Lingerie and Wonderbra!

Corabar Entertainment
18-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Have you gone through to the right page Tony? ........
http://www.norfolk-weddings.co.uk/

click on the A-Z and then DJ & Disco to see me!

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-10-2006, 07:32 PM

He's probably still looking at the lingerie and Wonderbra adverts.. :teeth: :omg: :teeth:

A1DL
18-10-2006, 07:50 PM

gottit now!

thanks Ang, Daz hit the nail on the nipp, oops I mean head.....I was engrossed on the Wonderbra homepage LOL :teeth:

as an aside, I keyed "32a" into ebay this afternoon, got about 500 items, 480 of them being bras!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-10-2006, 07:56 PM
as an aside, I keyed "32a" into ebay this afternoon

Why?

You strange man! :omg: :teeth:

Sam
18-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Maybe he needs one!!
Do we have proof he is not a she? For he could be a she if she is not a he :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Maybe he needs one!!
Do we have proof he is not a she? For he could be a she if she is not a he :teeth:

I've spoken to Tony on the phone and he's definately male (unless I'm losing my touch) :)

A1DL
18-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Why?

You strange man! :omg: :teeth:

sorry, but nothing strange, kinky, exciting or scandalous.....

I was just looking for some of these, you can often pick them up cheap on ebay

http://www.vdctrading.com/images/products/361.jpg

Ricesnaps
18-10-2006, 08:05 PM
oi oi - thought this was MY thread!

Sam
18-10-2006, 08:06 PM
What ever you say Tony.. or should I call you.. Tonyetta.. ::runs to corner to hide..::

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-10-2006, 08:06 PM
oi oi - thought this was MY thread!

Sorry Rice, there was a coup while you were offline and you've been ousted :teeth:

Back on topic then...

Rices banner.

Carry on Matt. :)

Sam
18-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Oh yes the banner.. had a look.. looks great.. very appealing :)

Have a disco
18-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Banner looks fine ricey IM me Im curious price wise as I can cover bits of Norfolk Thetford Brandon end

CRAZY K
18-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Well I tried again and managed to stay on the site---next question---how do you download the list?

No instructions ?

Regards

CRAZY K

Ricesnaps
18-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Banner looks fine ricey IM me Im curious price wise as I can cover bits of Norfolk Thetford Brandon end
well lets put it this way, I was given an invite to advertise following a personal recomendation to the website owner - an offer I couldn't refuse!

I'm afraid it really would be unprofessional to say any more

Ricesnaps
18-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Well I tried again and managed to stay on the site---next question---how do you download the list?

No instructions ?

Regards

CRAZY K
Do you see the words "music database" under the first picture on the right?

Simply click on it and it will open up in acrobat

CRAZY K
18-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Done that already--thought "download" meant client could transfer on to their computer to look through later--obviously thats not what you meant!

cheers

CRAZY K

Ricesnaps
18-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Of course they can, just click the save icon in acrobat and bingo!