PDA

View Full Version : Bearwood College

funkymook
11-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Anybody played at Bearwood College, Wokingham?

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Anybody played at Bearwood College, Wokingham?

Yep, loads of times. What would you like to know?

funkymook
12-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Anything that might make my life easier really - particularly the load-in, photos of the front show lots of steps but I assume I can drive around the back.

It's not a massive wedding party, 100 - 120'ish, and I'll be in the dining room which they're aware is quite large for the number of guests (I played at the sisters wedding a while ago in a not dissimilar venue). So any helpful hints on where best to set-up would be good.

I will be visiting it beforehand of course, but every bit of knowledge helps.

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-10-2012, 06:42 PM
No, there isn't a back entrance, you need to load in through the front. There aren't that many steps, but my 6 foot ramp is just too short for them - a 7 foot one would be fine. Load in isn't that bad really, up the steps, through the entrance hall and straight into the room. Take a trolley if you can. As you enter the room, turn left and at the end of the room is where discos normally set up. Sockets are in the floor rather than on the walls. The ceiling is quite high and the room looks better with uplighting.

As the ceiling is high, it is very echoey until you get a few bodies to bounce off.

The bar is in a separate room and the loos are down the end of the corridor.

There are security guards there because it's a private school and they have to look after the school and make sure people don't go where they aren't supposed to.

You have to be out by 12 midnight, so finish is normally 11:30pm.

I have a contact there called Sam, if you need a name of someone to speak to.

Edit, I'm not sure whether it was the dining room I was in...doh!

funkymook
12-10-2012, 07:04 PM
No, there isn't a back entrance, you need to load in through the front. There aren't that many steps, but my 6 foot ramp is just too short for them - a 7 foot one would be fine. Load in isn't that bad really, up the steps, through the entrance hall and straight into the room. Take a trolley if you can. As you enter the room, turn left and at the end of the room is where discos normally set up. Sockets are in the floor rather than on the walls. The ceiling is quite high and the room looks better with uplighting.

As the ceiling is high, it is very echoey until you get a few bodies to bounce off.

The bar is in a separate room and the loos are down the end of the corridor.

There are security guards there because it's a private school and they have to look after the school and make sure people don't go where they aren't supposed to.

You have to be out by 12 midnight, so finish is normally 11:30pm.

I have a contact there called Sam, if you need a name of someone to speak to.

Edit, I'm not sure whether it was the dining room I was in...doh!

Thanks Darren, just noticed they've got a wedding open day end of the month, so I'll definitely pop down then and have a look then.