PDA

View Full Version : The Bell Inn, Thames Street, Hampton

dj foureyes
12-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Next month I am doing a 40th there and (as mentioned in another post) the function room is upstairs. As I have been requested to play a lot of house/Kisstory I think I might need to use my subs but I really don't want to lug them up stairs. Has anyone played there and what is the load-in like?

funkymook
12-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Next month I am doing a 40th there and (as mentioned in another post) the function room is upstairs. As I have been requested to play a lot of house/Kisstory I think I might need to use my subs but I really don't want to lug them up stairs. Has anyone played there and what is the load-in like?

I haven't played there, but it's only down the road from me, if no one else knows I'll go and have a look for you, probably won't be until Monday or Tuesday though.

dj foureyes
12-10-2012, 06:24 PM
I haven't played there, but it's only down the road from me, if no one else knows I'll go and have a look for you, probably won't be until Monday or Tuesday though.

That's very kind of you Martin. I'm from Isleworth originally and still get work around there occasionally but I don't know this pub.
:beer1:

funkymook
12-10-2012, 06:29 PM
That's very kind of you Martin. I'm from Isleworth originally and still get work around there occasionally but I don't know this pub.
:beer1:

No problem, I've driven past it loads, I think it has it's own car park, but I'll check that out for you as well.

funkymook
19-10-2012, 11:14 PM
I haven't forgotten - just hadn't had a chance to get over there this week, but I'll make sure I do early next week.

funkymook
26-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Jerry - I popped in there today.

Load in is a bit of a pain, difficult to park outside the main entrance on the street due to traffic, car park around the back is gravelled so useless for trolleys. The stairs (which are next to the front entrance, so if you can park out front it's the easiest way in) are fairly wide, you go up two short flights and straight into the function room.

You set up in a small area just by the entrance and plugs are on the wall behind you (hidden by loads of chairs today).

It's a very small room, I'd say it would be full with 30-40 people, and Kate, who showed me around, said that they can't have the music loud, basically if they can hear it in the main pub downstairs it's to loud and you will have to turn it down (not ideal if they want house!), so bass bins are definitely out.

Kate said to give her a call if you want to have a chat about anything.

I hope that helps.

CRAZY K
26-10-2012, 05:57 PM

Load in is a bit of a pain, difficult to park outside the main entrance on the street due to traffic, car park around the back is gravelled so useless for trolleys. The stairs (which are next to the front entrance, so if you can park out front it's the easiest way in) are fairly wide, you go up two short flights and straight into the function room.

You set up in a small area just by the entrance and plugs are on the wall behind you (hidden by loads of chairs today).

It's a very small room, I'd say it would be full with 30-40 people, and Kate, who showed me around, said that they can't have the music loud, basically if they can hear it in the main pub downstairs it's to loud and you will have to turn it down (not ideal if they want house!), so bass bins are definitely out.

I hope that helps.

If it helps--we have roll in roll out problems with the Rodeo Bull Main Unit (very heavy) on gravel so we use a couple of longish planks for the wheels to go on-- depending on distances you might be able to cope with a short run in--we have a gravel drive here and I regularly drag speakers and other stuff on my trolley (backwards not forwards) without too much trouble---it has not :Censored: up the wheels either.:rolleyes:

dj foureyes
26-10-2012, 06:29 PM

I hope that helps.
Thank you Sir, you are a gentleman. It's always good to be forewarned and I can now relax for a bit ( I'm currently putting up with 30 degree heat in Antigua , for my wife's 50th Birthday) I can't wait to tackle those stairs! :rolleyes:

funkymook
27-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Thank you Sir, you are a gentleman. It's always good to be forewarned and I can now relax for a bit ( I'm currently putting up with 30 degree heat in Antigua , for my wife's 50th Birthday) I can't wait to tackle those stairs! :rolleyes:

Have you done it yet?