PDA

View Full Version : Vetting

DiscoPromotions
23-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Read this online today

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4603286/bride-fury-posh-hotel-snubs-wedding-email-slip.html

From past experience (not this venue) this happens a lot more than it is reported.

DazzyD
23-10-2012, 01:01 PM
That's a very one-sided story. Where is the hotel's right to reply? Have they replied? Have they refused to reply? We don't know because the story seems to be cut very short.

Then again, it is in the Sun so it must be all true, right? :zip:

Dynamic Entertainment
23-10-2012, 01:21 PM
The GM apologised for the email and asked the couple back to discuss their arrangements.

What right of reply is there...a member of staff dropped a bollock and its in writing so can be substantiated. Its not like He said/she said chinese whispers where what was said could have been wrong...

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Though it isn't an overly nice thing to say about the couple, I bet there are plenty of venues that have attitudes like that. One of my regular places used to be like it before the recession.

DazzyD
23-10-2012, 08:13 PM
What the Sun failed to point out (and I'm surprised as they normally jump on these things!) is that Pauline Bailey is an adult glamour model. Now, I've nothing against what anyone decides to do for a living but the management of a posh hotel venue may see things differently!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2221753/Pauline-Bailey-Bride-turned-away-star-hotel-defends-glamour-model-job.html?ITO=google_news_rss_feed

The hotel have been quoted here as saying they weren't aware of Miss Bailey's chosen career path but it does make me wonder!! :rolleyes:

Now before anyone jumps on me, I'm not condoning the actions of the hotel's wedding planner and I strongly believe that a bride should be able to enjoy her big day at any venue she chooses. But there was obviously something about the couple that concerned the wedding planner enough to write that email. Maybe the hotel have an unwritten policy in who they want/don't want as clients. The Daily Mail did give the hotel right of reply, though, and, as the hotel have issued a statement saying there is ongoing legal action, I don't think now is the right time to second-guess what has happened behind the scenes with this situation here on a public forum so I think it's best I don't say any more!! :zip:

DiscoPromotions
24-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Actually got me thinking a bit more...

With the power of social media and an individual digital footprint.. would it be unfair to assume that venue owners/managers use these tools to find out more information about prospective guests?

DJ Jules
24-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Actually got me thinking a bit more...

With the power of social media and an individual digital footprint.. would it be unfair to assume that venue owners/managers use these tools to find out more information about prospective guests?

If I was selling someone goods or services worth £10k, I'd be doing at least a basic credit check on my customers prior to accepting the order.

Julian