PDA

View Full Version : New Website.

Ecstatic Events
26-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi Guys/Girls...

I've been looking at a new website for several months and I've FINALLY got round to pulling some content together.

It's a template based site from Webnation - I already know a few of you use Mike (even the same template!!)

Highly recommend Mike - All round nice guy and very easy to deal with. I'd like to thank Darren (Solitaire) for supplying the photobooth content and his speedy responses - Hopefully there will be some business for you sometime soon :beer1::beer1::beer1:

I wanted to do something a little different and not use supplied stock images - So I contacted a number of previous clients for some feedback/photos

Take a look and see what I did with them :)

www.ecstatic-events.co.uk

I've had nothing but good feedback from other DJs and quite a few have mentioned they might subtly 'steal' some of my ideas (pridders!)

I'm cool with that :)

I'm still a loooooong way from being finished. But I must say - It's already bringing in some nice enquiries so it's been optimised quite well

I really like the fact I can log in and change content at leisure... Still very much WIP and I'm open to comments/suggestions.

Enjoy the weekend

Mike :)

Shakermaker Promotions
26-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Looks good Mike and a whole lot better than your first one.
Always good to have proper photos on there and not stock ones like you say.
I've been playing about with my site over the past few days and have also got a few other things on the cards too (Darren again!), but it's also a way off being what I want it to be at the moment.

As I said, yours is looking good and if it's bringing in the enquiries then job done!

Ecstatic Events
26-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Looks good Mike and a whole lot better than your first one.
Always good to have proper photos on there and not stock ones like you say.
I've been playing about with my site over the past few days and have also got a few other things on the cards too (Darren again!), but it's also a way off being what I want it to be at the moment.

As I said, yours is looking good and if it's bringing in the enquiries then job done!

It's worth paying a professional - For design and SEO.

The quality of enquiries I have been getting is on a whole new level.

You may of noticed I've reverted back to Ecstatic Events. But will keep the other domains for SEO.

I found out another company has been formed overseas using the same name! Gutted.

Shakermaker Promotions
26-10-2012, 02:33 PM
I'd normally agree with you with reference to Design and SEO Mike.
I have been trying to get my head around the design side of things myself as it is something I am interested in.
I did a Wedding for a website designer at the start of the year and he has been great with tips etc on the SEO side of things and as you said, things have been busy but the quality is better. I'm happy with that.
Bit of a bummer about the name but it shouldn't cause you that much hassle.

Ryu
26-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Looks good...but then, given my own wedding site, I would say that.

Some of the drop down menus are transparent over some of the text on the pages, so you may want to raise that with Mike. Agree, he's a nice helpful guy.

The only other bit was the menu choices, having both an "About Us" page, with a "Meet the DJs" under the "Wedding DJ Basingstoke" menu seemed odd to me.

I'd be interested to see how the "Booking Form" section progresses...had a similar idea for mine ;)

Ecstatic Events
26-10-2012, 04:19 PM
The only other bit was the menu choices, having both an "About Us" page, with a "Meet the DJs" under the "Wedding DJ Basingstoke" menu seemed odd to me.

Makes sense - I've just changed it :)

surround sounds
26-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Looks really nice and some of it is very much the same as mine althou I can only see it on my iPhone
Www.weddingdjbirmingham.co.uk
It's great with your own photos on though

Crown Jules
26-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Very good. Very clean. Very professional.

The way things are going with FB, web etc makes me realise I should have taken many more pictures, or worked more closely with the photographer, over the years!!