PDA

View Full Version : Blowing dust off slip mats ... do we still use them?:)

Bridge
18-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm just in the process of coming out of retirement! Its been four years since my last disco. I used to be very busy in the Manchester area, weddings, 21sts ... all the usual things. A change in family circumstances (and a boring day job) has left me yearning for the old days (capturing a lost youth perhaps!).

I've worked in broadcasting for quite a while - presenting and producing, as well as getting to do a bit of technical work, setting up outside broadcasts from fields and the like.

I am currently in the slow process of putting together a new system, buying everything apart from my microphone and headphones (which have sentimental value ... thats why I never got rid of them). I've found it really helpful to read the threads on this site - it has been a fantastic resource so far, and a great encouragment to see that there are some good people out there that are willing to share experience, and have a laugh too (please let me know if I can pay by cheque for that :) )

So ... hello!

Steve Kenyon :teeth:

Danno13
18-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Welcome...

buying everything apart from my microphone and headphones (which have sentimental value ... thats why I never got rid of them)

Don't tell me you use a telephone headset?? :teeth: :D

Shaun
18-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Steve...welcome to the Mobile Disco Directory forum family. :)

Jiggles
18-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Welcome...

Don't tell me you use a telephone headset?? :teeth: :D

I know someone who still uses them :embarasse

And i though of making one as well :embarasse he told me how to make one :embarasse

Corabar Steve
18-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Its been four years since my last disco.
Makes it sound like AA :teeth:

Welcome aboard Steve :thumbs_up

Corabar Entertainment
18-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Welcome Steve! Feel free to hop on in on any of the discussions :teeth:

....and Callum - where's your manners? You didn't say 'Hello'! :omg:

Chubbs
18-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi Steve

Jiggles
18-10-2006, 08:50 PM
....and Callum - where's your manners? You didn't say 'Hello'! :omg:

I'm seriously sorry :embarasse

BAD Callum *smack*

Hello and Welcome :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum.

Bridge
19-10-2006, 11:37 AM
I always wanted one of those! They were really cool. Not any more - I've got my DT100s stapled to my ears. I can also confess to drooling over FAL decks in the back of the Empire Catalogue. I was only 12 at the time - and too young for the lingerie pages :)

Steve

LastMinuteDJs.net
19-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Welcome.

Hope you get involved in some of the more heated threads on here. You can be a bridge over troubled waters.

It's only lunchtime - the jokes are allowed to be bad.

I so want a telephone headphone. A DJ we book at the student union uses one, Jim Gelatly from XFM Scotland. Love seeing him using it.

Jamie.

alexperrins
19-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Welcome!
Only use the slipmats at home, now that I'm doing mobile work. Although vinyl is no longer king, it's still my favourite media. :teeth:

Dragonfly
19-10-2006, 02:36 PM
hiya and welcome to the forum youll like it here im sure