PDA

View Full Version : Link building

Richie
19-10-2006, 09:58 PM
I have come across a site that will submit your web site to well over 500 business directories. This is a good way of increasing your search engine position. I have used it for two of my own sites to test it and it does work and I have now been accepted into 350 directories and still counting. The full price for this service is $74, which compared to how long it would take to do it manually yourself is very good value.

All you need to do is sign up and enter your web site details and then they do it all for you within 9 days. One of my sites was done the next day. You need to enter the correct email address though as you will need to verify some of the submissions.

I will be using this service again.

To visit their site CLICK HERE (http://www.directorymaximizer.com/af.php?af=374&ad=5&p=1)

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Does it make any difference that this is an American site Richie?

What kind of directories do they submit to?

alexperrins
19-10-2006, 10:05 PM
How does this work in terms of the mobile disco business? I'm assuming it is an american company and therefore, how will a disco business based in the UK entered into the directories? I'm looking into similar ideas myself at the moment...
Thanks

EDIT: What he said..!

Richie
19-10-2006, 10:09 PM
It submits to a massive database of Business directories. All you need to do is specify the category that your web site fits into: ie. entertainment.

Some of the directories are UK based and some are American. It does not matter though as it is only to build up your inbound links to your site.

The good thing is that they are all one way so you do not need to add any links to your site.

I have added my main hosting site and one of my own buisness directories.

It will help increase inbound links and your page rank.

I took a gamble at first to see if it was a scam but after seeing the results the next day, I am quite satisfied.

Corabar Entertainment
19-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Richie

Didn't I read somewhere recently that Google were starting to 'blank' sites that got loads on inbound links overnight? (ie assuming that they were from non-legitimate sources, link farms, etc - rather than genuine, worth-while links)

Richie
19-10-2006, 10:21 PM
They are not link farms. I have checked the sites that they are submitted to and they are all independant business directories. The service is no different than submitting to the directories yourself.

I would not submit to link farms and provide links to them as it would damage your sites rank. I found this site as I was in the process of building my inbound link count for my company site. I then came accross this site and tried it. It has saved me at least a weeks work.

In my opinion, well worth the money.

Inbound links can never damage your ranking as long as you do not provide a link back to a BAD site. If inbound links did damage your web sites standing, then the competition would submit your web address to every link farm imaginable.

You cant stop someone putting your link on their site and as such you will never get penalized.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-10-2006, 10:25 PM
This isn't another one of your sites is it Richie?:teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
19-10-2006, 10:26 PM
I never intended to suggest that they were link farms!!!!! :omg: :omg:

Richie
19-10-2006, 10:29 PM
No not at all. I am not forcing anyone here to use it but just sharing the find with you. This site (http://www.directorylist.org/) lists lots of business directories to submit your site to. This service actually has most of the free ones in its database.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Richie

Where it says you can add upto 5 different titles and descriptions - does that mean I can add one for each part of my business, eg: disco, karaoke, dance floors etc?

DK Karaoke
19-10-2006, 11:20 PM
You need to be careful that it is not a 'Link Farm', for as previously said, google will blacklist your site.

I was surprised to find that posts in local community forums, like Gumtree, gets you to the top of google listings. This is because these type of forums have very varied and interesting content. You may not get any work, or enquiries directly from the forum, but as I said it gets you to the top of google.

Corabar Entertainment
19-10-2006, 11:22 PM
You need to be careful that it is not a 'Link Farm', for as previously said, google will blacklist your site.There is absolutely NO QUESTION of the site Richie linked to being a link farm!!!! :omg: :omg: :omg:

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-10-2006, 11:39 PM
There is absolutely NO QUESTION of the site Richie linked to being a link farm!!!! :omg: :omg: :omg:

I hope not - I've just registered there... :omg: :teeth:

Richie
20-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Have you had the confirmation emails yet Daz?

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Have you had the confirmation emails yet Daz?

Nope - not from any of the directories.

Richie
20-10-2006, 04:46 PM
I am still waiting on my 3rd site submission, but my mate Craig has had a load today.