PDA

View Full Version : What a great booking??? not!

Ricesnaps
20-10-2006, 06:03 PM
OK, so I am not usually one to warn others about scam emails as I generally feel that you would need to be very very nieve to fall for the ones that get posted. However, I had the following and it is a little better than most - although most deffinately a scam as I got it three times from different email addys:

Hi,
I'm a single parent and I want to request for your assistant towards my child. I have a daugther and she will be 16 in December 10th so I want to give her a sweet sixteen birthday and I want it to be a surprise for her and that is the more reason am requesting for your assistance in other to plan her birthday ahead.

I also want you to know that I'm a contractor and I travel alot. My company just won a new contract in NJ,USA and I won't be around for a while so i'll like plan ahead for my daugther upcoming birthday.My daughter is based in UK.

As have said before that I want to surprise my daughter against her sweet sixteen birthday so I need a good Disco DJ and entertainer to perform on her 16th birthday.

I would like to know how much you charge.
Your Present residence address and phone number.
Your professional and educational experience.
I await your humble reply.
Regards
Alex Brown

Add to that that the subject box was as follows:

Enquiry from Kyotee Advertisment: DJ

Shaun
20-10-2006, 06:08 PM
I got it too. Compared to most I've seen, their grasp of the English language is improving :D.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Yup, me too, yesterday.

What did you two quote?:teeth:

Dragonfly
20-10-2006, 06:37 PM
i got one yesteray " i am planning a party for my son to be held in new jersey england" .......delete.

Corabar Entertainment
20-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Got one today asking for a quote for a party in Portadown..... and yes it was a spoof!

ross@rds
20-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Had one a couple of weeks ago for disco equipment hire for a disco in LA lol

Corabar Steve
21-10-2006, 01:41 AM
That one has been doing the rounds for about 2 weeks now, I used it in a spoof post (#24) here (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3817)