PDA

View Full Version : New website design idea - thoughts please.

ukpartydj
27-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Alright so I've been thinking about doing a re-design of my website.
A link to my current one is in my sig.

I've drawn a quick mock up of the new design I'm thinking of... I may possibly make a mobile version also depending on how use able this would be on a mobile device.
Any thoughts at all regarding any of the design is appreciated.

LeapCreative
27-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Just had a quick look through. The new design is a definite improvement, but I have a few suggestions:

I'd possible reconsider the colour scheme slightly, as there is a LOT of red and it can become overwhelming
The thick black lines seperating the content aren't doing the design any favours
Maybe add a bit more padding around the buttons so they're chunkier and more visible
Add a little more white space around the text content, just to space things out a little
Add more padding above and below your logo so it doesn't look crammed in

Obviously these are just my opinion, but hope they help :)

ukpartydj
28-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Just had a quick look through. The new design is a definite improvement, but I have a few suggestions:

I'd possible reconsider the colour scheme slightly, as there is a LOT of red and it can become overwhelming
The thick black lines seperating the content aren't doing the design any favours
Maybe add a bit more padding around the buttons so they're chunkier and more visible
Add a little more white space around the text content, just to space things out a little
Add more padding above and below your logo so it doesn't look crammed in

Obviously these are just my opinion, but hope they help :)

Thanks for the tips, I've tried them all a little bit (didn't fully understand the padding on the buttons idea but I've made them taller and that looks better I think) and added a few more bits and pieces... very happy with the way it's starting to look.
Those black lines were terrible - how did I not notice I have no idea!

Right here is v2 and again any opinions would be helpful!