PDA

View Full Version : wireless Microphones

hadyn
04-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Hi
im looking to buy either one or a couple of wireless microphones and a receiver to upgrade my Kam wireless microphone system which is vhf and well dated now.
would appreciate any comments on whats good and whats not
have looked at the seinheiser ew100 receiver and g2 microphone recently and someone on here is selling the seinheiser freeport system which looks ok
also would like to add head mic at a later date for the kids parties if possible.
obviously i know you get what you pay for so perhaps second hand good quality but slightly more expensive would be the way to go.
budget is about £200.00
thankyou
hadyn

yourdj
04-03-2013, 11:27 PM
I like the AKG wms dual system for budget. Lots of handling noise but thats my only complaint.

Very small and sexy design:

or failing that the digital ones seem best. Line 6 i think are the best option.
I might get a set at some point but dont really have any problems with my AKG's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqhUIdf62Hs

hadyn
05-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Thanks toby
after looking back through the threads and posts on this site, the AKG ones you mentioned seem to be quite well respected.
Also ive just seen another sennheiser freeport for £55.00 which seems a good deal and sennheiser mics seem
to review quite well as well.
Hadyn

JAMdisco
05-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Thanks toby
after looking back through the threads and posts on this site, the AKG ones you mentioned seem to be quite well respected.
Also ive just seen another sennheiser freeport for £55.00 which seems a good deal and sennheiser mics seem
to review quite well as well.
Hadyn

Just be careful where you buy (Sennheiser especially) as there are quite a few fakes around... Make sure you check reviews and feedback, and remember the golden rule "if it seems too good to be true it probably is"...

DJ Jules
05-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Just be careful where you buy (Sennheiser especially) as there are quite a few fakes around... Make sure you check reviews and feedback, and remember the golden rule "if it seems too good to be true it probably is"...

Agree with the above - also as someone has recently pointed out to me, the Freeport is no longer available from Sennheiser because it's a rebadge of a Transtec microphone, and Transtec took it back.

Julian