PDA

View Full Version : FAQ's

mark@pegasus
12-03-2013, 12:35 PM
I am about to have a short promotional video shot, during our discussions we came up with the idea of including some FAQ's within the content ie questions appears on screen the shot then cuts to me answering that question. So my question to you guys is what would you say were the 5 most frequently asked questions?

DazzyD
12-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Question 1, in my experience, would be "How much do you charge for...". I know it's not particularly helpful to you and I've no idea how you'd incorporate that in to your promo but that's the way is here, unfortunately!

funkymook
12-03-2013, 01:10 PM
I am about to have a short promotional video shot, during our discussions we came up with the idea of including some FAQ's within the content ie questions appears on screen the shot then cuts to me answering that question. So my question to you guys is what would you say were the 5 most frequently asked questions?

I've always disliked the term FAQ's - most of the time it's blatantly obvious no one has ever asked those questions, it's just a device to put across the information you want the client to know. How many people have actually been asked 'how will my DJ be dressed on the night?' - yet it appears on nearly every FAQ.

And the fact you have to ask what our ones are just shows you don't get asked any yourself.

Why not call it something else instead of FAQ's? Even 'What You Need To Know' sounds better to me, and people will probably take more notice of it. (that was the first phrase I thought of, with a bit more thought I'm sure an even better one would come to mind).

mark@pegasus
12-03-2013, 01:50 PM
I've always disliked the term FAQ's - most of the time it's blatantly obvious no one has ever asked those questions, it's just a device to put across the information you want the client to know. How many people have actually been asked 'how will my DJ be dressed on the night?' - yet it appears on nearly every FAQ.

And the fact you have to ask what our ones are just shows you don't get asked any yourself. Good point, hadn't thought of it like that

Why not call it something else instead of FAQ's? Even 'What You Need To Know' sounds better to me, and people will probably take more notice of it. (that was the first phrase I thought of, with a bit more thought I'm sure an even better one would come to mind).

Sounds interesting, it was just an idea we came up with whilst planning the storyboard to include something different.

Jim - Scotland's Party DJ
12-03-2013, 03:26 PM
How much do you cost?

Why are you more expensive than the other guy?

Is it cheaper if you don't use....?

How can you possibly charge that much for standing around playing tunes?

What do you mean there's an extra charge for playing after midnight?

What do you mean there's an extra charge for driving 742 miles to the gig?

etc...

Then the ubiqutuous - Can my gran / sister / nephew / dog sing at some point?

Excalibur
12-03-2013, 03:40 PM
How much do you cost?

Why are you more expensive than the other guy?

Is it cheaper if you don't use....?

How can you possibly charge that much for standing around playing tunes?

What do you mean there's an extra charge for playing after midnight?

What do you mean there's an extra charge for driving 742 miles to the gig?

etc...

Then the ubiqutuous - Can my gran / sister / nephew / dog sing at some point?

Now they are frequently asked questions. :(

ukpartydj
12-03-2013, 05:07 PM

Just checked my FAQ ... 14/20 have never been asked :o

These are the last few questions I've been asked -

) Can you do it any cheaper?
) Price Include VAT?
) What equipment is included / are there any lights?
) How long to set up and pack away?
) Can we suggest some music and take requests on the night?
) Do you need a deposit / when is final payment due?
) Is one plug socket OK?
) Will it fit on my tiny stage?

and my favorite -

) Will you actually be there playing the music or do you just put a CD on?

Corabar Entertainment
12-03-2013, 05:30 PM
How many people have actually been asked 'how will my DJ be dressed on the night?' - yet it appears on nearly every FAQ.

Ermmmm... we have! Last time was about 3 weeks ago. They wanted to make sure that we weren't part of the loud shirt / waistcoat with rotating bow-tie brigade. They didn't say that directly (merely asked something along the lines of "This may be a strange question, but how do the DJs dress?"), but I read between the lines and picked up on the vibe and answered adding a quip about no loud shirts/waistcoat/bow-tie and they responded "That's exactly what we wanted to ask, but didn't know how to!"

I've always disliked the term FAQ's - most of the time it's blatantly obvious no one has ever asked those questions, it's just a device to put across the information you want the client to know.

I agree with you Martin (even though I use the term) - it's just a short-form that fits on the menu bar!

Why not call it something else instead of FAQ's? ......with a bit more thought I'm sure an even better one would come to mind).

If something comes up with something short, I'd be interested. Best I can come up with is Q&A... but that sounds like an interview!