PDA

View Full Version : Feedback From A Recent Wedding Reception (02/02/2013)

SC Events
13-03-2013, 11:35 AM
I DJ'd for a Wedding Reception at Somerford Hall (http://www.somerfordhall.co.uk/) back in February and have just received this email from the Bride:

"We were both extremely happy with your service, everything ran like clockwork from the initial booking to the night itself and you just got on with things in the background with no stress caused to us at all. Just what you need on your wedding day!

The music you played was spot on! We had so many comments about how great the music was, we couldn't have got it better ourselves!

Some of my fondest memories of the wedding are from everyone dancing together having the best time! I've never seen such a big group of people up dancing together before, it was fabulous!!

Thank you so much for helping Paul and i create some of our most cherished memories from our special day.

I'll definitely be recommending you to anyone who needs a DJ in the future!"

It's always nice to know that all the hard we go to and effort we put in to make each event a success is appreciated :)

surround sounds
13-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Sounds great.nice venue but small function room and gathered you setup in the Bay
I am normally there myself around 10 times a year and putting a led dancefloor there next month

Shaun
13-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Great feedback Scott. Nice job. :-)

SC Events
13-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Yup, set up in the bay window. I normally take a couple of uplighters just to light up the bay, gives it that extra touch.

They were a really nice couple and their requests were right up my street - 90's/00's Dance :D

I DJ at Somerford about the same amount as you, but this year i'm there even more... I think it's quite a nice venue tbf.

Great feedback Scott. Nice job. :-)

Thank you Moobs! ;) :P

surround sounds
13-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes scott same here with some uplighter each side of the bay and led curtain behind me.
Great job

ckpr2
09-04-2013, 11:09 PM
I got a booking for a wedding disco a few years back.
The groom said he wanted as cheap a disco as possible.
He said he didn't want a DJ and that they would provide an ipod to play into my mixer.
So I did a good price for him.

The night came and I set up my gear and was about to go and settle down in the bar for the night when he asked where I was going and that he wanted me to announce the bride and groom arriving at the disco !
I refused and he asked the best man to take over the mic.

I got a drank and sat near my gear only to find kids climbing all over it !

I got upset and asked the groom to move the kids or I was packing up and going home.
He got the kids to move.

Next thing I knew the bride went mental at me for not DJing.
I was about to explain that I wasn't being paid to DJ when the groom took her aside to calm her down.

There was clearly a breakdown in communication between the bride and groom.

I was glad when the night was over.