PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry Form.. good idea?

DanMann
14-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Hey

I'm just trying to finalise my initial procedure for dealing with clients (prior to the event). I intend on using digital documentation as much as possible (using the highly recommended echosign).

I was wondering though about having a client complete an "enquiry form" first? - This would be for them to provide key information such as name, venue address, event purpose, time, music preference etc.

The way I plan it is as follows:

1) Phone call / email received from prospective client making initial query
2) Have a chat etc and provide client with enquiry form.
3) If client wishes to procede, they complete enquiry form and return
4) If I am happy with the information (e.g. I have opportunity to turn away at this point), I will provide contract and terms and conditions. I will complete contract based on the information received through enquiry form. Client then only needs to sign (nothing else to add).
5) Contract returned and non-refundable fee paid.
6) Once fee is paid, I sign contract and return
7) Done deal

At this point, I can ask for a song list and encourage client to make suggestions.

Prepare for event etc and on we go...

To me it makes sense, but having looked around the forums a bit, I don't recall seeing anyone else talk about an enquiry form.

So, who uses an enquiry form to collate initial information? or what do you think?

Cheers

Shaun
14-03-2013, 09:40 PM
The only enquiry form I use is the brief one on my website. It asks for the basics required to provide an initial quote. In some cases I may require additional info, but for the most part it's adequate.

DanMann
14-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Thanks for that. What about when the client gives you a call? Do you send them a form?

- I know they will give you details over the phone, but in my mind, I just think having them write it down clears everything up.

deltic
14-03-2013, 10:38 PM
A lot depends on what suits you.

i have an enquiry form on my website which is only presented to the customer if the date is available, (also have a very basic enquiry form on my website as well) when they submit the form the details are transferred into my booking software (djep)and the quote is produced from there, with a couple of clicks.
when the quote goes out a booking form and t&c's are attached to the email, customer fills in and signs the booking form and the t&c's and returns forms with deposit, job done.

really worth thinking about dj event planner absolutely superb and keeps everything in one place….works for me.

Shaun
14-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks for that. What about when the client gives you a call? Do you send them a form?

- I know they will give you details over the phone, but in my mind, I just think having them write it down clears everything up.

I don't send them a form. I just fill out a VERY basic A5 enquiry form I quickly knocked together. I keep a copy of all details in digital format too, but after major hard drive failure in the past I prefer to have a paper copy of details as well.

Once the booking is confirmed I have more detailed forms I use for all the finer details. Although pretty basic, for the initial contact the little A5 form does the trick for me.

I've PM'd you a copy of the form I use.

yourdj
15-03-2013, 09:47 AM
I don't bother with phones at all.

form 90% of the time (basic info) and email link too for people who don't like forms.
They have drop down lists to make thing easier too:

thex-faders
15-03-2013, 09:48 PM
90% of our enquiries come through the website. The form gives us an accurate representation of the event in order to quote properly.

Once they confirm the quote it's a booking form based on the same format of the enquiry form to copy across the details basically. Keep it simple.

The thank you page is also tracked in Google Analytics to track what page they come from as well. Bit of data to help change up some of the content.

Form here: http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk/enquiry-form

Tom

DanMann
15-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm just trying to finally prep myself to "officially" go for public bookings.. (it's been dragging on for a long time) and don't have a website for the time being, so I expect phone calls will have to do for me.. for now.