PDA

View Full Version : Shottle Hall Near Derby

surround sounds
24-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Hi Folks
Just need a little more infomation about shottle hall.
I have done this venue a few times but not for a while.
Now i know its had a refurb since last time i was there and wondered if i still set up in the same area.
Also i will be supply uplighters, area there many plug sockets.
Also i may be suppling a white led dance floor. Would a 16 x 16 ft fit ok cause there are 200 guests.
Is there a sound limiter?
All info would be good because over the last few weeks i have gained a few gigs there.
Thanks in advance
John

DeckstarDeluxe
24-03-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm sure Paul (Spirits High) will be on in a minute with some info....and to tell you to keep off his land ;)

surround sounds
24-03-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm sure Paul (Spirits High) will be on in a minute with some info....and to tell you to keep off his land ;)

Yes i knew someone done there regulary because they told me they had a refurb there, i just could not remember who it was.

Spirits High
24-03-2013, 06:15 PM

And here I am and "Yes, get orf my land!"

Spirits High
24-03-2013, 06:29 PM
I'll see what I can do with your questions

Now I know its had a refurb since last time i was there and wondered if i still set up in the same area.

The last "refurb" was over 2 years ago now and involved removing the carpet from the Orangery & industrial "laminate" put down in its place. So set up area is still the same.

Also I will be supply uplighters, area there many plug sockets.

You'll need to daisy chain the uplighters for power in both the Orangery & Marquee as there aren't masses of plugs

Also I may be supplying a white led dance floor. Would a 16 x 16 ft fit ok cause there are 200 guests.

Sounds like you're in the marquee as the Orangery won't hold 200. Normal floor size in the marquee is 22' x 10'

Is there a sound limiter?

Sound is limited to 90db in both Orangery and marquee and is monitored by the duty manager. You go over , you get turned off! You'll also have to sign a suppliers contract with them that enforces their policies so you have no excuses

All info would be good because over the last few weeks I have gained a few gigs there.

I wondered who'd been under cutting me :p

surround sounds
24-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Hi Paul
Thats fantastic..
So i gathered my normal set up (rcf725 and rcf905 subs are way to powerful :D)
Looks like just my top speakers then.

Upcutting?
I probably have to travel for around 75 mins just to get there.
So basically i would prefer to do gigs nearer me, thats why i get a lot of enquiries but i either never get a reply or they say can i bring my prices down
You must be charging over £800 for a disco and a few uplighters then.. :):)

Spirits High
24-03-2013, 07:28 PM
So i gathered my normal set up (rcf725 and rcf905 subs are way to powerful :D)
Looks like just my top speakers then.

Slightly OTT. I use 2 x QSCK12s in the Orangery and add a rcf705 for the Marquee.

Upcutting?
I probably have to travel for around 75 mins just to get there.
So basically I would prefer to do gigs nearer me, thats why I get a lot of enquiries but I either never get a reply or they say can I bring my prices down
You must be charging over £800 for a disco and a few uplighters then.. :):)

About that ;)

surround sounds
24-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Slightly OTT. I use 2 x QSCK12s in the Orangery and add a rcf705 for the Marquee.

About that ;)

Thanks for the info. I will post some photos once i have been. 1st one is in august and 2 next year.

Spirits High
24-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I will post some photos once i have been. 1st one is in august and 2 next year.

Did you get through Needadisco?

surround sounds
24-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Did you get through Needadisco?

Need a Disco?
No that site never really works for me to be honest.
Most of my works comes through google and word of mouth

Spirits High
24-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Need a Disco?
No that site never really works for me to be honest.
Most of my works comes through google and word of mouth

Only asked that as in the last week there's been 2 Shottle Hall leads on there for dates that I'm already booked :)

surround sounds
24-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Only asked that as in the last week there's been 2 Shottle Hall leads on there for dates that I'm already booked :)

To be honest i am not sure if i am registered in derby on need a disco.

Spirits High
25-03-2013, 07:55 AM
To be honest i am not sure if i am registered in derby on need a disco.

and lets keep it that way :p