PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best places to advertise your services?

jk74
23-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi Guys
I have been away from DJing way too long and I need to start getting bookings again. Is there anywhere else you would recommend advertising?
I'm a full time Magician/Hypnotist and have been promoting myself through industry websites that have always seemed to work quite well (some better than others) I also use google adwords in a small scale when business is slow. If I can return the favour with kids entertainment or similar advise just ask.

Thanks in advance

James

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-04-2013, 09:49 AM
I'd say a decent website and having it optimised for Google is the most important thing.

jk74
23-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks Solitaire

leelive
23-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Hi James

Most of my work comes from people finding my website on Google.
Some of it from Wedding Fairs. Wedding Magazines and chat forums. But now a lot is from Word of Mouth.

Whatever websites are on the first page of Google for your keywords then PAY whatever is required to have a listing on those sites.

I have spent upto £4,000 per year on advertising. It is currently around £3,000. I keep trying to get it to below £2,000.

Business is good so have just cancelled a wedding fair and an expensive advert in wedding magazine. Also about to cancel Yell.com too.

I get a few calls each week from people trying to sell me advertising.... They are all taken aback when I say sorry I am too busy and don't need to increase my advertising.

Best advise I can give is to try different adverts to see what works best for you. I put a unique discount code on each advert location so I can track how effective each one is.

My rule of thumb is simple. For every £100 I spend on an advert I want £500 of business in return or it is not repeated.

All the best

Lee

jk74
23-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Amazing advise once again Lee. I build all my own websites through mrsite.com they are great as you can add anything to it or take off in a moment , However I feel there not the best for getting up the search engines. I have had companies build me several websites in the past but usually if you need anything added or taken away it's another fee or worse still a couple of weeks before the job is done. Do you have a company build your site or do you do it yourself too?

Regards

James

leelive
23-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Amazing advise once again Lee. I build all my own websites through mrsite.com they are great as you can add anything to it or take off in a moment , However I feel there not the best for getting up the search engines. I have had companies build me several websites in the past but usually if you need anything added or taken away it's another fee or worse still a couple of weeks before the job is done. Do you have a company build your site or do you do it yourself too?

Regards

James

Mine is just a basic website too. It costs about £80 per year. I update it myself when needed.

I signed up to Google Webmaster so that I could take on board their recommendations to improve it.

All the best
Lee

ukpartydj
25-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Agree - Website is the best way. Sharing a little piece of my market research here -

last 10 website based enquires have come from -

Google - 5
Other Online - 2
Other - 2
Gumtree (Free) - 1

I get a fair few phone calls as well which I stupidly don't ask where they found me half the time.

surround sounds
25-04-2013, 02:42 PM
In The last 2 weeks i have had the following
80 enquiries through my websites
62 enquiries from Need a disco and similar sites
4 yell.com
I have not counted by i am guessing 6 calls a day, so times by 14 would make over 80 calls over 2 weeks, I would say 75% of them are from websites

So i would say a good website which does well in google is best

ukpartydj
25-04-2013, 03:02 PM
In The last 2 weeks i have had the following
80 enquiries through my websites
62 enquiries from Need a disco and similar sites
4 yell.com
I have not counted by i am guessing 6 calls a day, so times by 14 would make over 80 calls over 2 weeks, I would say 75% of them are from websites

So i would say a good website which does well in google is best

That's good going :beer1: