PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to make a few ££££

chrisj
23-04-2013, 07:12 PM
He/She has been doing it quite quite a while looking at the feedback.I wouldn't like to risk it myself.

Admin note -it is not a good idea to link to listings selling illegal items. Link removed.

hammy
23-04-2013, 07:17 PM
All good if you dont mind breaking the law.

surround sounds
23-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Yes and you will find they are breaking the law and ebay rules

mkindy
23-04-2013, 08:20 PM
that's not fair now I want to know what you were doing ......... grumpy face...

jk74
23-04-2013, 09:15 PM
me too just out of curiosity lol

chrisj
24-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Sorry admin, I won't list anything illegal again.

This person is selling copies of his/her music collection on dvd's and says 'I have built this collection up for over 15 years now and spent a fortune Now I want fellow DJ's to get the same use and enjoyment out of it as me'

Feedback is 183 and mostly for sales of the copies. This is someone who is selling copies of music that cost thousands of pounds (unless illegal downloads) on dvd's for around £40. Many people are buying these and I expect they are DJ's starting with thousands of tracks and doing discos cheap.

This may be ruining our businesses as we cannot compete.

Sorry admin if you say I should not mention this but many illegal copies are sold even music on hard drive laptops etc and we professional genuine DJ's have to pay for our music.

Vectis
24-04-2013, 08:10 AM

All the more reason to stop regarding "a disco" as a product and instead focus on selling you as a service. 'They' cannot compete with that, because 'they' are not you.

No matter what industry you're in, there's always someone looking for a fast buck that will cut corners to win business. They rarely stick around for long as they tend to have a 'lazy' mindset and once they realise how much work is involved they shuffle off back under their rock. As an example, recently a local supplier of mobile bars was done for watering down his spirits and selling cheap imported wine and beer as top brands.

jk74
24-04-2013, 08:31 AM
I can remember about 10 years ago I had a lad working with me to bring in the kit and he left the back of the van open and some kids stole a large cd wallet with all my DJ only discs it was a 240 disc wallet that was full it's the only time I wished I used copy discs. It still breaks my heart it was worth a fortune not to mention I knew exactly where every tune I was looking for was.

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Sorry admin if you say I should not mention this but many illegal copies are sold even music on hard drive laptops etc and we professional genuine DJ's have to pay for our music.

I think everyone is well aware of those facts, however it is not good practise to then go and link to the illegal sale.

MikeW
24-04-2013, 12:01 PM
All the more reason to stop regarding "a disco" as a product and instead focus on selling you as a service. 'They' cannot compete with that, because 'they' are not you.

No matter what industry you're in, there's always someone looking for a fast buck that will cut corners to win business. They rarely stick around for long as they tend to have a 'lazy' mindset and once they realise how much work is involved they shuffle off back under their rock. As an example, recently a local supplier of mobile bars was done for watering down his spirits and selling cheap imported wine and beer as top brands.

Well said that man!

funkymook
24-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Sorry admin, I won't list anything illegal again.

This person is selling copies of his/her music collection on dvd's and says 'I have built this collection up for over 15 years now and spent a fortune Now I want fellow DJ's to get the same use and enjoyment out of it as me'

Feedback is 183 and mostly for sales of the copies. This is someone who is selling copies of music that cost thousands of pounds (unless illegal downloads) on dvd's for around £40. Many people are buying these and I expect they are DJ's starting with thousands of tracks and doing discos cheap.

Nothing wrong in mentioning or discussing it - but by publishing the link you were advertising it for them to their target audience, though I'm sure you didn't intend to help them make sales (remember there are hundreds if not thousands of people who view the forum, members and non-members).