PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had a customer change their date so that they can have you?

Shakermaker Promotions
28-04-2013, 12:33 PM
As the title says (if it fits in the title box?).

Have you ever had a customer change their date so that they can have you?
It's happened a couple of times in the past but a classic example is actually from today.
Amongst a few enquiries today (strangely busy Sunday for them), I received one via my Indie/Alternative DJ site.
With not too much information on the enquiry form apart from the venue and a short message saying that it was a birthday party and they were specific about the music, I decided to give the enquirer a call.
It's really bizarre...Many moons ago I used to do regular club work in Bournemouth at a couple of Alternative clubs. The customer mentioned that they actually met at one of the nights I did and went on to get married. Unfortunately (as they said), they didn't have the best wedding disco because the DJ didn't adhere to their requests so they want to book something for a birthday party and are specific about the music that is played. They want to recreate the club nights that I did back then.
Anyway, the date that they have in mind sees me booked already and it's not something I can get someone to cover as it's another Indie/Alternative/80s party.
When I spoke to the enquirer over the phone, she said that I sounded like their perfect DJ and that she was going to change the date so that she could get me. That's pretty cool I think. I sent her my available dates and she booked me earlier.

Anyone had the same kind of thing?

Excalibur
28-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Anyone had the same kind of thing?
Oh yuss. :o Not often, but I have had it.

funkymook
28-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Anyway, the date that they have in mind sees me booked already and it's not something I can get someone to cover as it's another Indie/Alternative/80s party.

Really? I know at least two of us on here who'd have no problem with that.

ukpartydj
28-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Kids parties quite often where I've been reccomended but no other parties

lazersounds
28-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Usually Friends or Friends of Friends but usually nowadays they check what dates I have available before booking a venue

DeckstarDeluxe
28-04-2013, 09:17 PM
No, never.

dj foureyes
29-04-2013, 07:18 AM
I have two dates later this year that they've moved because I wasn't available on the original date. As I did a wedding last year on my first year wedding anniversary , I explained to the customer that I couldn't miss my second year anniversary as well, so she moved her party date to make sure my guts weren't used for garters :eek:

SC Events
29-04-2013, 09:09 AM
As Peter said, it doesn't happen very often, but I have had a couple of events re-arrange their date so they can book me personally. It's quite a nice feeling to know you're that wanted by someone lol :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Many times. ;)

ppentertainments
29-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Well people often book me BEFORE even considering the date ;):D

DazzyD
29-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Well people often book me BEFORE even considering the date ;):D

If they book you before considering a date how do you know you're available??? :confused:

Nightowl Discotheques
29-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Glad to report Yes ....

JTRS
29-04-2013, 09:43 PM
If they book you before considering a date how do you know you're available??? :confused:

:beer1::beer1::beer1:

jk74
30-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Mostly with kids parties I have a lady having her kids party on a Wednesday night as I have no availability daytime weekends in May at all.
I would love to have a Bride change her date that would be the ultimate compliment :)

simonp
21-05-2013, 02:18 PM
I've had a couple keep the date because they wanted me!
I was booked for a Wedding by a couple who'd seen me DJing a couple of times. About three months before the Wedding they got back in in touch saying the best man couldn't make the date (Best man in question was Kent & England Lions batsman Joe Denly) as he was on a pre-season tour and they were thinking of trying to bring the Wedding forward b a week or two. They said they'd got in touch with me first as to check my availability, because if I wasn't available the weren't going to bother trying the venue or seeing if anyone else could change. I was already booked on their alternative dates so the Wedding went ahead as planned, only without the first choice best man!

Corabar Steve
21-05-2013, 07:40 PM
I answer to the original question, yes.

Really? I know at least two of us on here who'd have no problem with that.Me too. Strange that. :rolleyes: