PDA

View Full Version : dj event planner

soundmaster mobile disco
30-06-2013, 08:35 PM
I recently signed up to dj event planner as it looks really helpful, but it is also so very complicated

Any other guys on here use dj event planner?

If so what are your thoughts?

DeckstarDeluxe
01-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Use it here, fantastic piece of software.

I put all my weddings, bookings, open days, hires, personal days etc and have it sync to my ipad/iphone so when out and about I can check information and work load.

With DJ bookings I also copy and paste their requests into the contract notes so thats on my ipad when I'm gigging (which when sat above the mixer is ideal).

The request system is ok, I don't push it that much myself but its a useful feature some clients like.

Just takes awhile to setup with venues, event types etc... but its well worth the time investment.

deltic
01-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Use it here, fantastic piece of software.

I put all my weddings, bookings, open days, hires, personal days etc and have it sync to my ipad/iphone so when out and about I can check information and work load.

With DJ bookings I also copy and paste their requests into the contract notes so thats on my ipad when I'm gigging (which when sat above the mixer is ideal).

The request system is ok, I don't push it that much myself but its a useful feature some clients like.

Just takes awhile to setup with venues, event types etc... but its well worth the time investment.

that has got to be tip of the day,never occurred to me to do that , no need to print them off anymore.

Spirits High
01-07-2013, 10:47 AM
I recently signed up to dj event planner as it looks really helpful

I too use DJEP, it's definitely more than "really helpful" :D

I like Deckstar put everything on there. It runs the postbox for my wedding admin side aswell as client meetings, blanked off days etc. I have it on the ipad, a great instant diary.

but it is also so very complicated

To start with it is a lot to do as you need to input all your current booking details etc. But well worth the effort. There's a very good support forum within DJEP where you'll probably find the question you have has been answered already.

If so what are your thoughts?

I wonder how I managed without it.

I on the other hand push the request system alot! I know that this feature alone has got me bookings over others as clients love to choose the music they do & don't want. It took a while but I've uploaded my own music database using http://www.collectorz.com/mp3/ all my new tracks get added weekly to that plus for the B&G's I have it set they can add their own tracks that aren't on the DB (Guests don't have this option)

Overall I really really like it and there's enough of us on here that can help you out if you get stuck or alternatively check the DJEP forum.