PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur's annual pre-BPM mega sale.

Excalibur
26-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Right folks, My storage area is full, the overflow storage is full, and Jeanette won't let me keep anything else in the house, so lots of bits must go, no reasonable offer refused. Pics can be found, but I'm sure you know what most of these look like.

1) One pair of Class D CD215 speakers. Twin 15" cabs, with piezos above. 8ohms, 350w RMS. Will throw in enough spare piezos to keep 'em running for years. Collection preferred, can demo. £80 As in Pic1

2) As above, but part way through an upgrade. One already converted to a ( screw in ) compression driver for horn, all parts to convert second one included. I bought some very cheap compression drivers in case I'd made a huge mistake, and the result is a very smooth sound, but in truth the more expensive and louder drivers are needed for best results. £80 also.

3) Four Geni spin 3's, 250w barrels. Three very good, one less so. All will work fine master /slave. No cables, £40 the lot. Come on, I'm practically giving them away.

4) One Geni XTC, one Wild Blaze. One may need a new bulb, not sure. £10 the pair.

5) One pair Class D 15" subs. The larger version, with the drivers facing downwards. The crossovers have been removed, so ideally you'd need an active crossover, and the carpet needs a bit of gluing back in place. 8ohms, 350w RMS. £100 As in Pic2.

6) Well would you believe it? item 5) would benefit from using an active crossover, and what have we here? You guessed it, an active crossover, 2 way stereo, 3 way mono. Can't remember the make, but it works just fine. Not needed now, as I have two amps with crossovers built in. £40.

Think that's it for now, all items plus carriage, could possibly deliver to BPM, but if I have to take Thunderbird 2 instead of Thunderbird 1 to fit all the cabs in, there'll be a charge, cos a 3.5T LDV drinks twice as much diesel as a Peugeot 407. Any questions, please ask. Room for negotiation on the prices of some items, not much on others. If anyone wants to swap anything for a cheap, reliable pair of 12" active cabs*, I'm sure we could work out a deal.

* We're in the territory of QTX QRC12A here, or possibly as high grade as Alto, rather than RCF/QSC. :D:D In this case, price is the deciding factor.

DJForrest
26-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Hi there,

I'm interested in the Four Geni spin 3's, 250w barrels. Before i say i'll have them, What do you mean by 'Three very good, one less so' ??

Thanks,
Chris.

Excalibur
27-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Hi there,

I'm interested in the Four Geni spin 3's, 250w barrels. Before i say i'll have them, What do you mean by 'Three very good, one less so' ??

Thanks,
Chris.

They all work, but one was bought from Ebay as a non runner. The fault wasn't as I expected, the lamp holder, but ( I now suspect ) a relay. An electrician simply bypassed the faulty part, and on powering up, the lamp lights straight away, rather than waiting, that's all. It doesn't affect its operation in any other way. All the barrels are pretty good, the lenses could do with a good clean, as the light outputs aren't identical on them.

chrispeacock
28-08-2013, 09:07 AM
How much would postage be for the barrel scanners

Excalibur
28-08-2013, 09:13 AM
How much would postage be for the barrel scanners

A lot, they're heavy. Are you or any mates going to BPM? That would be easiest.