PDA

View Full Version : What paper work do you take to every gig?

DynamoTom
28-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Hello everyone,

What paper work do you take to every gig? I take a copy of my PLI & PAT testing certificates along with a paper copy of the client's music request list if they have sent one to me. I also take a copy of the email discussions along with a copy of the notes I took at the meeting I had with the client.

Do you think I need to take anything else or get rid of anything?

so, what do you take? Also, what do you keep your paper work in?

Cheers! :)

Jim - Scotland's Party DJ
29-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Hello everyone,

What paper work do you take to every gig? I take a copy of my PLI & PAT testing certificates along with a paper copy of the client's music request list if they have sent one to me. I also take a copy of the email discussions along with a copy of the notes I took at the meeting I had with the client.

Do you think I need to take anything else or get rid of anything?

so, what do you take? Also, what do you keep your paper work in?

Cheers! :)

PLI and PAT certs

Planner

Ceilidh dance step instructions incase I get asked for a left field dance.

Any other misc docs I might need for a given venue e.g. on Saturday coming they've asked for a H&S report, a method statement and a full list of gear to be e-mailed through so I'll take a copy of that too.

If I would you I'd get rid of the e-mail correspondence.

Anything important that comes through in e-mails goes into the planner for me so there's no need to print out e-mails. I can see your reasoning incase there's any confusion of "I asked you to do this" type scenario but to me that just instigates a needless situation where you've to pore through a document to find something they claim to have or haven't said.

Shaun
29-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Almost no paper notes these days. Client notes and song requests on the iPad and iPhone. PLI, PAT and all the rest are uploaded onto my business domain. On the rare occasions I'm asked to show them a copy I've just logged on via 3g to show them.

ukpartydj
29-08-2013, 11:07 AM
I will take the booking contract & the event plan in paper format.

Requests are saved onto both my laptops.
Emails are available on my phone.
PLI & PAT is saved on both laptops & phone (always email the venue with these beforehand anyway so never been asked on the day).

I always take the contract just incase there is a misunderstanding, only ever needed it once where the client thought that the price was £20 less - easy enough mistake to make if you forget how much deposit you've paid, so much nicer and quicker to show the contract to diffuse the embarrassing situation.

DynamoTom
29-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Thank you for your responses so far guys.

I always like to have a hard copy of everything for that event just incase I can't get access to WiFi or 3G where I am to be able to access a digital copy online.

What do you have on your planners? I am thinking about putting one together, and using the AMP DJ one as a template.

Cheers.

mkindy
29-08-2013, 12:07 PM
when I get a booking I start a folder, in that folder I always put in it a copy of pli, pat and a blank risk assessment form, contact and a make key notes on a letter head, I always contacted the venue and ask if they require any paper work first and ask the smoke and sound limit question and set up and get out times, I like to try and make friends with the staff/manager there as the are all new customers.

I take that folder with me, then file it when I get home.

Graeme

Shakermaker Promotions
29-08-2013, 06:33 PM
I take the booking form and the DJ sheet which has all of the timings, announcements to be made, song requests and anything else I need to know.
I should have a copy on the laptop too but I haven't got round to that as yet as I always seem to forget to do it.
(You've just reminded me!)
I don't take PLI or PAT certificates as I always send them to the venue in advance.

DeckstarDeluxe
29-08-2013, 06:45 PM
All event notes are loaded onto the IPAD/Iphone using DJEP

Docs are in a plastic wallet which is gaffa taped onto the bulkhead of the van.