PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Terminals (Inc Virtual)

wensleydale
13-12-2013, 07:32 AM
I know this has been discussed a few times as offers have appeared, but does anyone care to update on how they are getting on with the new breed of credit card terminals- I'm thinking Izettle etc.

I wouldnt want an ongoing cost- any thought appreciated

Thanks

Rich

Spirits High
13-12-2013, 08:44 AM
I went with the "intuit pay" as discussed in this thread http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?40253-Intuit-Card-Reader&highlight=intuit+pay

I was never going to be a massive user of the system but since getting it I think off the top of my head I've used it 10ish times. Each time it worked as it should do and the money was in my account within 3 working days. They also send a monthly statement showing transactions for that period which is great when it comes to accounting for the fees.

I've used it both as a "Chip n pin" at a Wedding fayre to take booking fees but mostly the virtual terminal to take card payments over the phone.

All in all I'm very happy with it. Not sure you'll get it for free still but worth paying for.

Shaun
13-12-2013, 09:44 AM
I use Intuit Pay too. Haven't used the chip & pin yet (apart from testing it out by taking a small payment from my own card). The virtual terminal is great though. Payments over the phone are quick and easy.

DazzyD
13-12-2013, 01:06 PM
I got the IntuitPay card reader, also. Despite my phone (the HTC One X) not being on the compatible devices list, a representative of InuitPay told me that it was going to added and would be available "soon". So far, this hasn't happened (and it's been ages!) so I'm not holding out much hope.

Taking payments using the virtual terminal is easy enough though.