PDA

View Full Version : Mixdeck express not reading pendrive.

DJ Max
17-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Hi,
I have a Mixdeck express (which can be seen here (http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?41318-Hello-to-all&p=633576#post633576)) at home which is not reading one of my pen drives when connected direct to it. I tried a 500gb hardrive which workes fine, another cheap 8gb pendrive works too but my 16 GB Lexar is not recognised. All three are formatted the same file format but the lexar does not work.

Anyone has this problem at all?

Thanks
Max

katman
17-12-2013, 05:59 PM
I had issues with a pen drive I was trying to use to update my TV firmware. The TV would not recognise the USB stick.

Tried it in a PC and found that installed itself as a USB Hub and then showed up as 2 drives, one a "CD ROM" with some backup software on it and then a Removable drive. I suspect that you may have a similar problem particularly as another pen drive works as does an external drive.

Cruzier memory sticks work well. One of the phone systems I work on is very fussy about which USB pendrives it will recognise but I have no problems with the Cruzier.

Excalibur
18-12-2013, 06:57 AM
Tried it in a PC and found that installed itself as a USB Hub and then showed up as 2 drives, one a "CD ROM" with some backup software on it and then a Removable drive. I suspect that you may have a similar problem particularly as another pen drive works as does an external drive.

The Internet dongles tend to do this as well. I'm not normally one to advise such profligacy, but for a fiver or so, I'd get another pen drive.

DJ Max
19-12-2013, 06:07 AM
Thanks Katman, It looks like any other pendrives on the computer. I will do what Excalibur said and just try another one.

katman
19-12-2013, 06:48 AM
Thanks Katman, It looks like any other pendrives on the computer. I will do what Excalibur said and just try another one.

When I did my Mitel phone system training, they issued us with purple Mitel branded pen drives but we discovered they wouldn't work in the phone system. Their older black ones would. Drives were same capacity, formatted the same and looking at the properties in device manager they were the same...... they just wouldn't work in the phone system. Perfect on a PC. LOL