PDA

View Full Version : What DMX Software???

DiscoMagic
02-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Further to a recent thread, I am looking to purchase and start using DMX Software, but unsure what to get or what is best.

I have tried ShowXpress from Chauvet, but it doesn't seem to be very stable on my Mac. However I do like the ability to prepogram your show on 3D view before rather than having to program with all your lights hooked up.

So of the top of my head - this is what I would like ......

A Mac (preferably) or PC Software based DMX Program
The ability to control preset scenes through a MIDI controller if poss.
The ability to program moving heads in patterns such as circles or room sweeps without having to program all the induvidual steps.
Something that is quick, simple and easy to use, as well as program and run on the fly.
Ideally something where I can preprogram and preview on my laptop like in Showexpress' 3D Viewer.
Have the ability to run several programs at the same time. For example, I have used Avolites Titan One (as an end user with no programming), and it enabled me to run a moving head program, as well as choose the colour program and gobo independently all at the same time - if that makes sense.

Would be interested to here people thoughts, recommendations and what you guys and girls all use.????

:D

Creature
03-01-2014, 03:54 AM
Ive been playing around with Free Styler for last year - itsa free which is a bunus - not yet got around to creating scenes n stuff as at moment only use it for my par cand and front of house lights, altho hoping to add me lasers n other lighting to it soon