PDA

View Full Version : It Pays to check venues

Daryll
08-02-2014, 10:21 AM
And gaff of the month goes to........................

I was all ready loaded to do an engagement party disco at Burgess hill , north of Brighton , address in sat nav etc etc.

Thought I would ring the venue to discuss access times , and road conditions due to this foul weather.
Good job I did , the 8th was right , but it was to be in march................:daft:.
Due to the number of days in February the 8th is a Saturday in both months, me and the land lady have a good chuckle over this.
well looks like a night up the club to see A Dean Martin and Doris Day tribute.

Cheers

Daryll

Corabar Steve
08-02-2014, 11:28 AM
As long asyour client & their guests don't turn up tonight :sj:

Daryll
08-02-2014, 11:45 AM
As long asyour client & their guests don't turn up tonight :sj:

That got me worried , I rang the client...............................it`s March....:d

funkymook
08-02-2014, 12:51 PM
That got me worried , I rang the client...............................it`s March....:d

Now ring the other one you've double booked :eek:

Daryll
08-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Now ring the other one you've double booked :eek:

As luck would have it , I had nothing on 8th March , come to think of it,I have nowt in February now ,at the moment

yourdj
08-02-2014, 06:25 PM
As luck would have it , I had nothing on 8th March , come to think of it,I have nowt in February now ,at the moment

Thats funny :) although I dont understand how you could get the wrong month?
Did they not fill out a booking form or anything to specify the date, or did you not chat with them before the event? :)

Good job it was not the other way round and you were not sitting at home watching TV.

Daryll
08-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Hi Toby.
My fault , the booking form clearly states 8th March.
However the idiot who entered the details on his outlook calendar booked it on 8th Feb....er the idiot was me ....................

Cheers

Daryll

DazzyD
08-02-2014, 07:51 PM
We all make mistakes. That's why I ring the client a week before each gig to reconfirm the details. If I'd gotten the month wrong it would (I'd hope!) be picked up at this point.

It's just a good job it wasn't the other way around - ie you didn't put in on your calendar for March and it should've been February (cue angry client phone call - "Where the :Censored: are you???").

But let's hope you've learned a valuable lesson from this - always, always, always double check the info on the original client booking form!! And don't just have the outlook of your tribute act tonight - Que Sera Sera!!!! :eek:

yourdj
08-02-2014, 09:38 PM
We all make mistakes. That's why I ring the client a week before each gig to reconfirm the details. If I'd gotten the month wrong it would (I'd hope!) be picked up at this point.

It's just a good job it wasn't the other way around - ie you didn't put in on your calendar for March and it should've been February (cue angry client phone call - "Where the :Censored: are you???").

But let's hope you've learned a valuable lesson from this - always, always, always double check the info on the original client booking form!! And don't just have the outlook of your tribute act tonight - Que Sera Sera!!!! :eek:

This would probably never happen to me as all my bookings include meetings a month before.
i also always include the date and venue in the email communication as subject, so that would get picked up ;)

Not attending a function is actually in my nightmares, amongst equipment failure. :)

mattydj50
08-02-2014, 10:39 PM
This would probably never happen to me as all my bookings include meetings a month before.
i also always include the date and venue in the email communication as subject, so that would get picked up ;)

Not attending a function is actually in my nightmares, amongst equipment failure. :)

Never say "never".

DazzyD
08-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Never say "never".

Nothing like tempting fate, eh?? :p

Shaun
08-02-2014, 11:59 PM
I once set up in the afternoon for a local gig, and returned in the evening ready to start.....only to find a band hauling their gear in as I arrived. Turns out I was 24 hours early. :muppet:

yourdj
09-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Never say "never".

Well having said that i turned up to a meeting a week early as i had not put it in my calendar properly.
Twice I have done that this year :muppet:

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-02-2014, 10:46 AM
I can beat all of this....I still lived at home, so this must have been a good 25 years ago, but I turned up for a gig a whole year early...:eek:

Shaun
09-02-2014, 12:59 PM
I can beat all of this....I still lived at home, so this must have been a good 25 years ago, but I turned up for a gig a whole year early...:eek:

You win! :beer1: ;)

Kernow
11-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Not attending a function is actually in my nightmares, . :)
And rightly so........ It's a clear breach of Forum Rule 25(d) !!
:eek:

:D

Shaun
11-02-2014, 10:04 PM
And rightly so........ It's a clear breach of Forum Rule 25(d) !!
:eek:

:D

:d