PDA

View Full Version : New DJ Software - Ideas Please

LeapCreative
02-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Hi Guys,

As i've posted elsewhere, we're currently having a script written for us, that takes care of our online bookings, online quotes, contact forms etc. We decided that it might be an idea to produce an auto installer version and package it for release, so everyone can get the same functionality.

The new software is called Eventure, and i'm trying to gauge interest. A few features are:

Availability Checker
customer chooses the date of their event, and form result displays
either 'available' or 'not available'

Passworded Client Area
Customer uses the date of their event as a username, and is provided
with a generated password

Quote generator
Customer chooses from a list of options, and a price is generated
based on the variables selected

Online Booking
Customer to place the booking, which also checks for availability, and generates a password for the client area

Admin Area
Details of forthcoming events and bookings, calendar, and statistics

A couple of additional benefits:

Not hosted on our servers, so you have complete control over the script, and don't have to rely on another hosting company.

The total cost will be less than £35 per license, and will be valid for 2 years.

Comments please :)

TonyB
02-11-2006, 02:21 AM
Just out of interest, what platform would it run on (e.g. ASP, PHP)?

You can try and convince me otherwise but I wouldn't really be interested because:

1) I don't think it is a good idea to have an online quoting system. If the client see's the price, they may think it is too expensive and go elsewhere whereas if you speak to them, you can "sell your benefits". It would also be giving away your pricing structure to the "opposition" so they could undercut you.

2) Wouldn't really want to display my availability either. I have other DJ friends and if I couldn't do it, I could probably pass it on to someone else I know. I would rather have the contact than someone go elsewhere because it says I'm unavailable.

3) Don't like the idea of an online booking form. I like to speak to the client first to find out what they want make sure I can supply what they want. It could be awkward to wriggle out of an unsuitable booking.

4) Can't see the point of a password protected client area.

You see, reading something on the internet isn't always the best way to sell something, now if we had discussed it, then I may of been "sold on the benefits" :)

Danno13
02-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Yep, i wouldn't want the quote generator or avalibility checker either.

A music request system would be good - but it would need to allow their friends to logon and pick tracks as well - not so much for actually getting songs to play but its great advertising and gets your name around!

P.S. Do it in PHP, then if i buy it I can change things! :D

jamesh
02-11-2006, 03:36 PM
I know for a fact a new product will be released early 2007 aimed at mobile dj's and agencies that will do all the above as a stand alone product for your computer... Pretty much the same as DJ inteligence BUT UK based and with more features and system rather than web based!

It's a complete management systems for contacts, quotes, invoices/recipts, bookings in general, music database and playlist management,... WIll be the full works - and you'll be able to customise it to your needs...

They will also be releasing a web based version of the software at somepoint during 2007.

It really is great software and it helps with everything from beginning to end with a booking... the only thing it doesn't do it turn up, set up an do the gig....

(Perfect for a certain midlands agency who's been in the media recently as they don't turn up and do the gig either :D:D:D )

Ricesnaps
02-11-2006, 03:56 PM
1) I don't think it is a good idea to have an online quoting system. If the client see's the price, they may think it is too expensive and go elsewhere whereas if you speak to them, you can "sell your benefits". It would also be giving away your pricing structure to the "opposition" so they could undercut you.
I have to say having our prices clearly displayed on the web site has been a huge selling point for me. Lots of feedback that clients knew exactly what they were getting. It tells them there is an extra charge depending on the area and that they should consider the access (is it upstairs) as that may cost more, but generally I think being up front and honest about what i charge is a great thing to do

Candybeatdiscos
02-11-2006, 04:37 PM
I find the web based version of DJ Intelligence is eaiser to use, and uif i was to use this software then i would need to find a techy friend to install it, set it up and show me how it works, which would incur extra expense, where as for £50, DJ Intelligence allows me to just place links onto my website, and everything is at a click of the button, plus I do not need to use every functionality , only what i need.

I am interested in this other software due for release in early 2007, do you have further info Jamesh?

jamesh
03-11-2006, 01:41 AM
not yet - im one of the testers for it- starting pretty soon - the last bit of dev work is going on at the moment from input us testers have had etc...

it will be on simular lines to DJ Intelligence but for the UK market and with more features.... And around the £50 mark (although still being talked about so please dont take it as set in stone)... Oh and you wont need a techie friend to be able to install it or get your head around it either - thye idea is it's nice and simple easy to use and takes all the hard work out of the paperwork side of things for us dj's

RS-DJ_Intelligence
30-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Its an honor to be posting in this message thread on behalf of DJ Intelligence.

One of the major advantages I can foresee with the direction our software has done, is since it is web-based on our server, we are able to make updates to the software as well as provide all the coding support 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. If you go with a server based system hosted on your own site, you will have to get updates and upload them, hope there are no coding conflicts which need to be resolved - if there are, you will need someone to login to your hosting site and fix those issues (if the support is even available).

Just a little of the issues that I am foreseeing - but I do wish you the best of luck on this project.

Robert

Corabar Entertainment
01-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Hi Robert and welcome to the forum! :welcome1:

I don't use DJ Intelligence, but some of the features look interesting. The only criticism of it I have heard from others is that it has a few too many 'Americanisms' to be perfect for use over here...... probably why a few people are coming up with UK alternatives now. :)

RS-DJ_Intelligence
25-07-2008, 02:42 AM
News Update! As of 7/23/2008, DJ Intelligence is 100% UK compliant. Your customers will never even know they're using a US Based Software on your UK website.

Also - those looking for enhancements to DJ Intelligence, you can purchase premade Planning Forms and Timelines that import directly into your account through Outside The Box (http://www.OutsideTheBox.biz).

Hope this helps!

jamesh
28-07-2008, 09:04 PM
A far better booking software to use is DV Event Planner... www.djeventplanner.com very similar to DJ Intelligence but cheaper and more flexible and the programmers are happy to implement changes into the software if a few of the members suggest the same thing...