PDA

View Full Version : Posting a Bad Review of a Wedding Supplier

leelive
03-07-2014, 02:21 PM
I have added comments to a wedding chat forum thread about a very unprofessional supplier.
My comments are from my own experience of the chap.

It is not something I ever thought I would have to do and I have now also added comments about the chap on my business facebook page.

Am I breaking any laws?

Shaun
03-07-2014, 02:31 PM
It's hard to say, but I'd be very careful that anything you post can't be construed as libelous.

DeckstarDeluxe
03-07-2014, 03:02 PM
What are the comments in relation to? I have to say I can't see myself ever posting public comments about another supplier in a negative light unless you can point to a third party source to back up claims of either no shows or scam related behaviour.

leelive
03-07-2014, 03:48 PM
A lot of Brides-to-be have been airing their concerns and also a link to a newspaper article citing many issues with the supplier was posted.
I experienced just how bad he was recently when he held up the First Dance for an hour so felt the need to comment.

Andy Collins
03-07-2014, 05:14 PM
How could this person hold up the first dance. Surely you are in control of when that happens, with the wishes of the bride and groom?

funkymook
03-07-2014, 05:35 PM
I think it's fair enough in these circumstances (just looked at the link on your FB page).

You're adding your experience to the catalogue of others, and if it helps even one person to avoid them then you've done them a favour.

ukpartydj
03-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Am I breaking any laws?

As long as your telling the truth there is nothing to worry about.

Benny Smyth
03-07-2014, 08:08 PM
As long as your telling the truth there is nothing to worry about.

Not quite. Telling the truth and are able to prove it if required. In libel cases, it's not up to him to prove you wrong - it's up to you to prove you right.

leelive
03-07-2014, 08:27 PM
He was late in putting down a dancefloor, hence the delay.
There are a dozen witnesses who can confirm my statement (hotel staff, photographer, videographer etc) so not lying.
Thanks I won't worry.

ukpartydj
04-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Not quite. Telling the truth and are able to prove it if required. In libel cases, it's not up to him to prove you wrong - it's up to you to prove you right.

Interesting! I've briefly dealt with Slander and Libel - some idiot trying to claim I was unfairly giving them a bad reputation when I'd won a small claims court case to the contrary. Never got that far but I guess it's worth remembering before opening your mouth / posting on forums etc.

Jim - Scotland's Party DJ
15-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Is this the thread about the young supplier who runs a company starting with A?

If the Daily Record can run a story on him I think you're in the clear mate ;)

Shaun
15-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Is this the thread about the young supplier who runs a company starting with A?

If the Daily Record can run a story on him I think you're in the clear mate ;)

Yep, one and the same. Curiousity got the better of me and I checked out Lee's Facebook page when he posted this. After reading the story (and press release) I'd agree with you.

DazzyD
16-07-2014, 12:45 PM
After reading the newspaper article a few things crossed my mind. First, who in their right mind would have a teenager as their wedding planner?? :eek: Epic fail from the off, it seems to me!

Secondly, The Scottish Wedding Awards can't be up to much if they've given an award to someone like this who seems to have a string of unhappy customers gunning for him.

And, lastly, it's not just teenage wedding suppliers. This story bears an uncanny resemblence to an issue with a certain supplier that has affected some of our forum members on here in recent times. I wonder if those issues were finally resolved?

Jim - Scotland's Party DJ
16-07-2014, 01:32 PM
After reading the newspaper article a few things crossed my mind. First, who in their right mind would have a teenager as their wedding planner?? :eek: Epic fail from the off, it seems to me!

Secondly, The Scottish Wedding Awards can't be up to much if they've given an award to someone like this who seems to have a string of unhappy customers gunning for him.

And, lastly, it's not just teenage wedding suppliers. This story bears an uncanny resemblence to an issue with a certain supplier that has affected some of our forum members on here in recent times. I wonder if those issues were finally resolved?

I may be wrong on this but I'm sure the Scottish Wedding Awards only started last year or the previous year and it was very much one of those: "sign up and whoever gets the most votes / likes" wins an award.

Say what you want about the VOWS, at least there is a certain level of judging that goes on.