PDA

View Full Version : Such a disappointing moment

Benny Smyth
16-07-2014, 01:41 PM
My brother tells me that his son's school had a parents evening type-thing last week where they discussed the end of year school prom for the year 11's (which is happening mid-August...apparently?!?).

Budget is low, and when the conversation came up for entertainment, apparently somebody blurted out the words "We can get Callum's uncle to do it!"

Now I know what you're thinking, and you'd be wrong. My issue with this has nothing to do with the fact that there is little-to-no money in this gig. I don't even have a problem DJ'ing for 15/16 year olds; I don't do childrens entertainment normally and I have a great respect to those who can do it - better men than I - but 15/16 year olds want it to feel like a club night - I can do that!

My problem with it is that I have spent nearly fifteen years building up a profile, and I get referred to as "Callum's uncle."

Fail level: epic.

:p

TR2K Productions
16-07-2014, 04:22 PM
I know exactly what you mean.

I myself have been a DJ for 18 years, and my dad has been a karaoke host for almost 12 years, yet all the time i get refered to as "Billy's son"