PDA

View Full Version : Planmyweddinguk.com

Imagine
28-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Just had a call from a very nervous sales-girl from planmyweddinguk.com

Anyone had any dealings with them at all?

I've given them the brush off for now. At £365 a year they seem a little steep compared to the likes of ampDJ and NaD, but if they're any good and people are actually getting decent leads, I might be prepared to re-think ;)

Mod note. URL edited to correct one. Subsequent posts refer to the incorrect one first posted.

Benny Smyth
28-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Just had a call from a very nervous sales-girl from planmywedding.co.uk

Anyone had any dealings with them at all?

I've given them the brush off for now. At £365 a year they seem a little steep compared to the likes of ampDJ and NaD, but if they're any good and people are actually getting decent leads, I might be prepared to re-think ;)

Either I have done a typo that I can't see, or you should save your money. ;)

Imagine
28-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Oops../

http://www.planmyweddinguk.com/ (I was close ;) )

Benny Smyth
28-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Under Music and Entertainment, there is one supplier within 100km of Birmingham which, by Benny maths, is 65 miles?...ish

I don't think I'd do it personally. Did they offer info on the amount of traffic they receive?

Imagine
28-07-2014, 03:30 PM
That's the bit that worried me - you have to go 100k from me to find anyone at the moment.

She did say they were short of DJ's at the moment to be fair.....which is where I got suspicious. Then she told me the price and I backed off without giving her the chance to say too much more.

Benny Smyth
28-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Looking at the rate card (http://www.planmyweddinguk.com/files/rate-card.pdf), I'm guessing that you've been discounted on the gold package.

I'd haggle them down to £300 before considering. Sounds like they need you more than you need them.

funkymook
28-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Do a few searches as if you were a B&G and see if their site is in the top results - that'll help give you an idea of how likely you are to get any enquiries through them.

SamV
10-08-2014, 03:49 AM
I've had dealing with them, they try to force the sale, I mean they hound you. Even after all my saying no, they still added me to their site anyway, it's been up for at least 3-4 months and not a single visitor has come to my site from theirs.

But also if you search around you'll see/hear about a lot of disgruntled customers who seem to have been charged on their cards for services they haven't asked for etc.

DazzyD
10-08-2014, 08:14 AM
If anyone is thinking of using this site I would urge them to read the T&Cs very carefully. From their T&Cs:

When You sign the electronic Agreement We automatically apply a Home Page Enhancement Package at a fee of £69.99 plus VAT. If You do not wish to continue to receive the Home Page Enhancement you must tell Us by email on the above email address within 3 days of signing the electronic Agreement to ensure that You are not billed for that service.

To me, this reads "Whatever package you apply we will add an extra £83.99 to your bill in the hope we've caught you out and you haven't read our T&Cs clearly.". Being tucked away in the T&Cs, this hardly screams transparent pricing and it makes me wonder if it's the reason for this:

But also if you search around you'll see/hear about a lot of disgruntled customers who seem to have been charged on their cards for services they haven't asked for etc.

And, as there are no DJs on the site within 100km of me, I guess our local DJs already are being highly cautious!! Which speaks volumes! ;)

SamV
10-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Before dealing with any company it's always prudent to check to make sure that all their details (company number, vat, phone number, registered address, both on the site and on T&Cs etc) all match up and are legit ;)

DazzyD
11-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Before dealing with any company it's always prudent to check to make sure that all their details (company number, vat, phone number, registered address, both on the site and on T&Cs etc) all match up and are legit ;)

And also check for reviews. These are invaluable when deciding whether to part with your hard earned cash!