PDA

View Full Version : party games injuries

Tony Murphy
07-01-2015, 07:08 PM
If a child was injured whilst taking part in a game organized by the Dj, would that Dj be liable.

Shaun
07-01-2015, 07:16 PM
I would say that there is a pretty strong likelihood.

Excalibur
07-01-2015, 08:27 PM
If a child was injured whilst taking part in a game organized by the Dj, would that Dj be liable.
Good question.

I would say that there is a pretty strong likelihood.

That's my initial response. Would your PLI cover it, I wonder? :confused: I reckon the onus would be on you to show that you took all reasonable steps to ensure their safety.

Tony Murphy
08-01-2015, 06:57 PM
I usually play the game, 15 seconds of fame.

Quite often a child may want to sing, dance, tell a joke and sometimes one of them wants to show there gymnastics skill (Splits etc.)

I tell them that it's unsafe and to choose something else.

But even with a game like musical chairs, a child could fall over whilst playing.

I think if someone thought they could sue the Dj, then they would.

So how do we protect ourselves from this happening.

Robstar
11-01-2015, 07:21 AM
I usually play the game, 15 seconds of fame.

Quite often a child may want to sing, dance, tell a joke and sometimes one of them wants to show there gymnastics skill (Splits etc.)

I tell them that it's unsafe and to choose something else.

But even with a game like musical chairs, a child could fall over whilst playing.

I think if someone thought they could sue the Dj, then they would.

So how do we protect ourselves from this happening.

I would personally do a risk assessment on all the games you do, I believe Tony you are a Ampdj member so In the files section they have risk assessment help, If you have documentation that shows you have considered the risks, identified them and the precautionary steps you have taken..this i feel would strengthen your case. should a claim be made against you... but it is worth contacting Sandy or Paul for clarification , advice and help.

Tony Murphy
14-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Thanks. Will take your advice.

salford1986
18-02-2015, 01:29 PM
musical chairs is a good game I play but results in a lotof injuries if they start running, we even supply bouncy castles at our events aswell so that adds to the injury list if they arnt playing nice haha we got public liability of £5 million