PDA

View Full Version : Amount of Public Liability

rth_discos
10-03-2015, 08:55 AM
Just a quick one...

DJ Guard offer £2m PLI as standard with their equipment insurance, with £5m as an optional extra.

Most of the PLI offered by the various DJ organisations seem to offer £10m.

Has anyone ever been required to have a minimum amount of PLI for a venue, or is £2m acceptable?

I know the easy answer is get the PLI for £10m from one of the DJ organisation, but I want to avoid having 2 PLI, as it can get confusing if you need to claim.

musicology
10-03-2015, 09:28 AM
I had the Dj Guard PLI and then towards the end of the 1st year I had a venue who insisted on £5m. I then saw that MDJN were doing £10m for £29.99 and went with them.

Retrodisco
10-03-2015, 10:48 AM
DJ Guard equipment insurance eh? Notorious for never paying anything to anyone, the clauses and loopholes take out 95% of DJ risk scenarios.

As already said MDJN for PLI

rth_discos
10-03-2015, 11:00 AM
DJ Guard equipment insurance eh? Notorious for never paying anything to anyone, the clauses and loopholes take out 95% of DJ risk scenarios.

Interesting - I had noted that the restrictions were quite tight - in essence it seems to only cover the equipment when stored.

But looking around elsewhere, it seems the restrictions apply to all insurers - unless anyone can advise otherwise?