PDA

View Full Version : New Website

BitterVirtue
11-06-2015, 05:06 PM
Hi all

Just wanted some constructive advice/criticism of our new site. Obviously it's not finished yet as we will be adding pictures of our rigs and Balloons etc in the coming weeks.

Any advice greatfully accepted.

Mike
http://www.tunesnballoons.com

Nakatomi
11-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Your landing page is blank. It should reflect the same as the 'home' page IMHO.

Also your WHOIS info says you're in Manchester.. or is that just whoever does your site?

BitterVirtue
11-06-2015, 06:33 PM

Also your WHOIS info says you're in Manchester.. or is that just whoever does your site?

I don't get what you mean by Landing page, Yeah I am moving to Newcastle next week.

funktions
11-06-2015, 07:01 PM

agreed, would it not be better to have your landing page auto direct to your "home" page ?

Nakatomi
11-06-2015, 07:06 PM
I don't get what you mean by Landing page, Yeah I am moving to Newcastle next week.

The 'landing' page is the very first site anybody sees when they visit your site. Yours is blank apart from the menu.

Benny Smyth
11-06-2015, 07:10 PM

The landing page is the first page you see. If your landing page was the 'home' page, it would look much better but to a potential client, it would tell me this is an unfinished website with no info on it. I only clicked on 'Home' 'cos Juski said he did.

Overall it looks nice. I think a bit more consistency in font size across the pages would look better.

BitterVirtue
11-06-2015, 07:11 PM
The 'landing' page is the very first site anybody sees when they visit your site. Yours is blank apart from the menu.

Lol I still dont get you, how do I change this?

The landing page is the first page you see. If your landing page was the 'home' page, it would look much better but to a potential client, it would tell me this is an unfinished website with no info on it. I only clicked on 'Home' 'cos Juski said he did.

Overall it looks nice. I think a bit more consistency in font size across the pages would look better.

Thanks for the info, I'll try and sort it so it lands on the homepage.

I have switched to Go Daddy from Webs and am struggling with their site builder lol.

Nakatomi
11-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Idiot me!

I meant to say first page you see, but typed first site.

BitterVirtue
11-06-2015, 07:41 PM
I've rang Go Daddy and they have sorted it for me, so Landing Page should be the homepage now.

Thanks for telling me that, or I wouldn't have known.

It wouldn't let me edit my original post but I have changed to a .com Domain.

http://www.tunesnballoons.com

Mod note. I've changed the domain to .com for you.

DazzyD
11-06-2015, 09:36 PM
Customer Support at Go Daddy is really good. I moved my websites from Heart Internet to Go Daddy after some issues with a reseller who was claiming he hadn't been paid when he had. Since I moved, there have been no problems at all. I did have some queries relating to pointing a domain to my DJEP server but, with the help of Troy@DJEP and Go Daddy's support staff, it got sorted out really quickly. I'd highly recommend both! :)

Retrodisco
12-06-2015, 08:06 AM
Looks nice, actually.

Prices are reasonable, aside from the kids disco, that's a lot of extras for £95 all in, I'd personally be wanting £120 for that package, but each to their own I guess.

Andy P
12-06-2015, 08:28 AM
centre the menu on the horizontal axis
inconsistent font size on pages - should use a style sheet
not very balloonie for it being a part of your name

ppentertainments
12-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Sorry to go off topic - but are you REALLY only charging that for your all day weddings ?

Benny Smyth
12-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Sorry to go off topic - but are you REALLY only charging that for your all day weddings ?

Another conversation for another time, me thinks, should the original poster ask for such opinions.

BitterVirtue
12-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the replies, we will be working on the site over the weekend, and will address the font size issue.

We have just secured the business loan to set this up, so will be adding pics of Balloons once we have ordered them.

I take on board your comments on prices, and we will probably rethink those.

yourdj
12-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Another conversation for another time, me thinks, should the original poster ask for such opinions.

Agreed. Yay another pricing post, i will look forward to that :confused:

DazzyD
13-06-2015, 09:16 AM
I held off the comments on pricing - especially the kids parties inclusive of all the prizes and goody-bags - for the same reasons Benny mentions. We are just giving opinions and advice on the website design in this thread! :)

djrikki
13-09-2015, 09:20 PM
As someone who works with websites everyday of the week your missing a vital element. Responsive web design.
2 years ago people didn't mind so much pinching and zooming on mobile, but nowadays its irritating. 60% of traffic on my site is from mobile users so I aim for them by making sure the site is responsive, I structure content according to what I think is most important to them etc...