## Elmwood Drive
Bangor
Co. Down
BT20 3LL

7/11/06

Dear Tim Lowndes
My name is Edgard Estrada , Im from Nicaragua and my wife is from Northern
Ireland. In two weeks we are going to move to Northern Ireland and Im
looking for a job in the entertainment bussines.

In Nicaragua,my uncle is the owner of one of the biggest mobile disco and I
have worked with him since I was 16 year old.

I would like have the opportunity to work in the entertainment business in
Northern Ireland for to learn new skils and improve my English.

Im a dinamic and creative young person, and Im open to learn new things.

Here is my curriculum for your consideration. If you have any question,
please send me email: [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you

Edgard Estrada Hidalgo

and he sent an attachment with it, that i HAVE NOT opened lol

Rattz
08-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Edgard Estrada Hidalgo

isn't Hidalgo the name of a film?:confused:

:D :D

magicfm
08-11-2006, 05:04 PM
If he is genuine you've got yourself a cheap roadie. :D . When I see names like that on my emails I delete and I certainly wouldn't bother opening an attachment. If you ask me I smell a Rat (excuse the pun):D

Corabar Entertainment
08-11-2006, 05:47 PM
You could suggest that he comes in for an interview when he moves into the area :D

djgordyp
08-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Did this person give any indication of what is in the attachment? Ie, a photo of himself. If you use webmail to read you're mail and curiousity gets the better of you it should be ok to click on the attachment as nearly all webmail servers have antivirus software and will notify you immediatly if it is a virus.

On the other hand, the very word Nicaragua makes me very suspicious.

One other thing that has come to mind. As it is a hotmail address you could try a search on msn to see if it comes up with any profile.

Rattz
09-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Did this person give any indication of what is in the attachment? Ie, a photo of himself.

yeah he said it was his CV.

rebekahn
06-08-2007, 08:32 PM
i can confirm that this person is for real. he is my brother in law. i think it is disgusting that Rattz (and quite frankly everyone who has posted a comment) has personally gone out of his way to demoralize this man. Edgard is one of the most popular DJs from Nicaragua and, on moving here, he is trying to get his way into the industry. i am sickened that you call yourself professionals, while you are clearly turning down his talent because he is foreign. i don't know if your aware of this small fact, but that is called racism. i know the post will be deleted if i swear so ill just keep it simple and say you should all be ashamed of yourselves!!!!

imagine if you typed your name into google and the link to this post on the forum was the second link. i am genuinely sickened by your response. Rattz, you should seriously consider what you say about people before posting it all over the internet.

Shaun
07-08-2007, 03:53 PM
i am sickened that you call yourself professionals, while you are clearly turning down his talent because he is foreign. i don't know if your aware of this small fact, but that is called racism. i know the post will be deleted if i swear so ill just keep it simple and say you should all be ashamed of yourselves!!!!

Rebekahn,

With all due respect you are clearly mistaken. Race hasn't come into the discussion at any point, the discussion is merely a topic that discusses a potential spam email. To suggest that this topic is race related is quite frankly...baffling and misguided.

rob1963
07-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Rebekahn,

With all due respect you are clearly mistaken. Race hasn't come into the discussion at any point, the discussion is merely a topic that discusses a potential spam email. To suggest that this topic is race related is quite frankly...baffling and misguiged.

Absolutely!

Rebekahn,

With all due respect, it appears that you've read what you WANTED to read, and not what was actually written in the posts...which was something completely different to what you've suggested.

It might be worth reading them again!

Thames Valley Discos
07-08-2007, 04:31 PM
any spam you get just send the email header here http://www.spamcop.net/

sandysounds
07-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Absolutely!

Rebekahn,

With all due respect, it appears that you've read what you WANTED to read, and not what was actually written in the posts...which was something completely different to what you've suggested.

It might be worth reading them again!

with so much spam floating around....starting in a similar way....how the hell are you supposed to know this is genuine .... and it'll be a first. I get loads of requests from unknown senders ....along with the other spam.....why do they think i have erectile disfunction or need a ***** enlargement (for anyone who hasn't realised yet...i'm female)!!!!

leighinstoke
07-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Wake up guys.....

http://medicineworld.org/images/blogs/cup-of-coffee.jpg

Have a smell.....and chill out.....

Leigh....

rob1963
07-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Wake up guys.....

http://medicineworld.org/images/blogs/cup-of-coffee.jpg

Have a smell.....and chill out.....

Leigh....

Leigh...that looks very nice, but it's not MY cup of tea!

:Laugh:

Corabar Steve
07-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Regardless of the contents it is still an unsolicited email & should be treated as such. It reads like so many other spam / scam emails that you see, I must confess I would have deleted it on sight.