PDA

View Full Version : Hi from MP

MickyP
09-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Hi to you all.

I must just say you guys do a terrific job on here.
Help, advice, and encouragement in large doses.
Keep it going...

My experience is limited to doing a regular disco whilst in the Army.
That was over 25 years ago... Times have changed!

I'm about to retire from my present job, and will be taking the plunge
very soon, as a mobile DJ.
Therefore, I do hope I’m not here under false pretences,
as at this present time, I still have no gear! :o

My mission is to get started with the help of you guys/gals.
I'm looking to start off with a CD Mixer package.
I like the look of the Numark CD Mix-3 CD/MP3 Player and wondered if this piece of kit was well regarded and appropriate etc.

Speakers, Lighting, Amps etc... are all new to me, so I’m busy researching.

If this is the wrong forum... :confused: I apologise.

Thanks in anticipation of any positive feedback and hopefully for some patience, as a result of some of the many :doh: questions that will
surely follow from yours truly.

Regards

MickyP

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi Micky

Welcome to the forum and you are most definately in the right place!

ian8limelight
09-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Welcome aboard Mickey.

Shaun
09-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Hi Mickey, you've come to the right place. :)

We'll do our best to help you with anything you need to know.

Corabar Steve
09-11-2006, 07:31 PM
:welcome2: :welcome1: :approve: :beer3:

Lee
09-11-2006, 08:14 PM
hey Micky welcome

djgordyp
09-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Therefore, I do hope I’m not here under false pretences,
as at this present time, I still have no gear! :o

Hi Mickey and welcome to the forum. If you are here under false pretences then so am I as I haven't got any gear yet either. The problem with this forum is, the longer you hang around here the more you want to get started. I think you'll find they are a freindly and helpful bunch. Just don't expect to much in the way of sanity from some of them :p :p lol. (read some of the posts and you'll see what I mean :) )

Corabar Entertainment
09-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Hi Micky - feel free to ask away! :welcome2:

The only suggestion I would make is deal with one thing at a time (ie - this is your 'Hello' thread, and so everyone will just pop on to say 'hi'.... you're unlikely to get much feedback on all the other things you've asked). Have a little seach through the forums to see what you can find, but start a new thread about each new thing you want to know about ;)

Have a disco
09-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Oh boy another wannabe

Take each day at a time listen to what we say then take a pinch of salt as every one has there own ideal disco look etc etc

ensure you are aiming for the right clientle for your market etc etc

DK Karaoke
09-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Hi Micky:) Welcome to the forum.

We all started somewhere, so one bit of advice I would give, is dont cheapscate on your equipment, as in the long run it pays off. Also its important to get your sound and look right.

Take your time, and get only the essentials to start with, then build from there. Not forgetting to gauge your advertising to suit your capability as time goes by.

Good luck and welcome again.:party2: :approve: :welcome1:

Corabar Entertainment
09-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Oh boy another wannabeBadger! That sounds really nasty! I know how you meant it, but someone new who doesn't know you might easily take that the wrong way!!!!!!! :eek: Micky - he didn't mean it the way it sounded :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Oh boy another wannabe

That'll make 2 of you then Badger?:D :D

djchunky
10-11-2006, 04:44 AM
welcome aboard the MDD

MickyP
10-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Badger! That sounds really nasty! I know how you meant it, but someone new who doesn't know you might easily take that the wrong way!!!!!!! :eek: Micky - he didn't mean it the way it sounded :D

No sweat... I have a sense of humour!
Thanks for your welcome, appreciate it.
MP

axeman
10-11-2006, 11:47 AM
hi welcome, my advice would be to find a DJ locally and pop along a few times see if u like it and still have the feel for it, b4 you spend anything, poss a forum member in the surrey area?