PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Compact DJ Booths

dicky
28-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Does anyone have one of the Equinox Micron DJ Booths? If so could you please share your opinion of it

Also are there any other alternatives to this booth. I can find the Micromax one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICROMAX-COMPACT-DJ-STAND-BOOTH-WITH-OVERHEAD-LIGHTING-BAR-60cm-180-644-/301771124002?hash=item4642f5ed22:g:LaQAAOSw3ydV0dY t which is cheaper but that doesn't include the lycra screen and I don't know how easy it would be to find screens that fit it

It seems odd that these small booths cost more than the 4ft and 6ft ones!

Rich

Excalibur
28-10-2015, 08:00 PM
Does anyone have one of the Equinox Micron DJ Booths? If so could you please share your opinion of it

Also are there any other alternatives to this booth. I can find the Micromax one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICROMAX-COMPACT-DJ-STAND-BOOTH-WITH-OVERHEAD-LIGHTING-BAR-60cm-180-644-/301771124002?hash=item4642f5ed22:g:LaQAAOSw3ydV0dY t which is cheaper but that doesn't include the lycra screen and I don't know how easy it would be to find screens that fit it

It seems odd that these small booths cost more than the 4ft and 6ft ones!

Rich

Andy Neen ( Deltic ) has an equinox, and loves it to bits. I have a micromax which gets a surprising amount of use. Rather than Lycra, it has a black cloth front. (http://www.ultimax1.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=14&category_id=3&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=33)

Nakatomi
28-10-2015, 08:07 PM
My booth has only been out twice - once as a four footer & once as a two footer (same as Peter's). I like the diddy one, but if you need laptop, controller AND external mixer there's not enough room unless you put the mixer on the bottom shelf.

dicky
28-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Cheers guys

Having considered that the extra £60 for the black booth screen on the Micromax makes up a fair bit of the price difference I think I am kinda drawn to the Equinox with the white booth cloth.

My other thought was to get a cheap 4 foot booth and cut the horizontal struts down to 2ft then get them welded back together?

I already built myself a 3ft booth with 6ft overhead gantry out of 25mm x 25mm x 1.6mm (wall) square section steel tubing and I am using it for the first time this weekend. Didn't cost me much less than buying a booth to be honest but I couldn't find anything in a 3ft width and the damn thing is absolutely rock solid - seriously you could put a stupid amount of kilos on it with no worries whatsoever ;)

Actually maybe I should post some pics of that? Cost about £45 in steel tubing - which includes two set of alternative upright poles for the gantry at either 2.2m or 1.95m height as required if the headroom is low - plus another £10 in fixtures (bolts,brackets, etc) and £50 for a suitable starcloth with controller. Only issue with it is that it doesn't fully break down to transport it - you couldn't get it in the back of a car easily for example as the largest section is 4ft x 3ft, though it is no problem in the van of course.

But I am looking for something even more compact too.

Rich

Pe7e
29-10-2015, 12:19 AM
But I am looking for something even more compact too.

Rich

Next time you call round, remind me, and I'll show you an illuminated booth which I made myself, it will fit into the front seat of an average car with room to spare for a (compact) playout system as well. It doesn't have an overhead bar as it usually goes out with the GigaBar. Sorry I don't have a photo, must get round to taking one.

DJColsie
29-10-2015, 06:38 AM
My Micron booth is getting its first outing Friday and Saturday this week.

Friday cause it's upstairs and no roadie available and Saturday because it's a house party with limited space.

Platinumeventsolutions
29-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Mircobooth is really good can fit laptop and denon controller on the shelf. Choice of white cloth star cloth or black cloth and also has the over head.
I have got some in stock with the star cloth on a very good price

dicky
29-10-2015, 11:47 AM
Is the Microbooth a different product from the Equinox Micron or Micromax, or is it the same as one of these under a different name.

Googling Microbooth didn't seem to find any results for a product called that.

I may be interested in buying from you

ich

Platinumeventsolutions
29-10-2015, 11:54 AM
Sorry it's a Equinox micron booth cost is £280.00

dicky
29-10-2015, 03:02 PM
That's the one I decided on.

I Can get from my local shop at £250 inc the lycra screen (not starcloth)

Rich

Platinumeventsolutions
29-10-2015, 03:18 PM
That's £280 with star cloth and white Lycra

DJColsie
03-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Used the micron for the first time this weekend. Everything fitted in.

mrrawuk
10-03-2016, 02:24 AM
Used the micron for the first time this weekend. Everything fitted in.

Digging up old thread here as i searched for "Equinox MICRON" but have you used yours much mate?

I am thinking of getting one as i use the DBS Pro for larger gigs and this thing looks good for smaller gigs.

DJColsie
10-03-2016, 11:13 AM
Digging up old thread here as i searched for "Equinox MICRON" but have you used yours much mate?

I am thinking of getting one as i use the DBS Pro for larger gigs and this thing looks good for smaller gigs.

I have used it 5 or 6 times now, with no problem.

My only issue is that I can't fit my DMX controller on the desk so it has to sit on the floor. For really small gigs when its used I revert back to sound to light.

I actually won a gig because of it, as a guest at one party where I used it was arranging a party with limited space and booked me that night with the same rig.

Imagine
10-03-2016, 11:38 AM
I've had mine about 18 months now and I've used it no more than half a dozen times.

That said, on the occasions I HAVE used it, it's been a Godsend even if it is difficult to get everything onto. In fact, it's because I've got it that I've got a couple of bookings.

Not my first weapon of choice, but it gives just that little bit more flexibility if it's needed.

mrrawuk
11-03-2016, 12:06 AM
I have used it 5 or 6 times now, with no problem.

My only issue is that I can't fit my DMX controller on the desk so it has to sit on the floor. For really small gigs when its used I revert back to sound to light.

I actually won a gig because of it, as a guest at one party where I used it was arranging a party with limited space and booked me that night with the same rig.

I've had mine about 18 months now and I've used it no more than half a dozen times.

That said, on the occasions I HAVE used it, it's been a Godsend even if it is difficult to get everything onto. In fact, it's because I've got it that I've got a couple of bookings.

Not my first weapon of choice, but it gives just that little bit more flexibility if it's needed.

Cheers for the info fellas.

I am looking for a smaller dj booth as i can see the need for one. The DBS booth is great but it quite large and was hoping to get one cheap such as a small DBS type of booth but it seems Equinox has this on lockdown :)

funkymook
11-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Probably above budget but the Liteconsole XPRS Go is excellent, I actually use it as my main booth now.

Benny Smyth
11-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Probably above budget but the Liteconsole XPRS Go is excellent, I actually use it as my main booth now.

I'd second that. The standard XPRS is my go-to booth but for incredibly tight spaces, I use the Go.

mrrawuk
13-03-2016, 02:47 PM
At almost £700 for the Liteconsole. Balls to that lol

Equinox it will be.